We have upgraded the community system as part of the upgrade a password reset is required for all users before login in.

OpenWrt 23.05

• Re: [⭐️ Beta Firmware Update: NodeJS v16.19](OpenWRT 22.03.3)

@Lazar-Demin

Will it be possible to use the onion openwrt image builder wrapper to build custom openwrt 23.05. firmware or even future releases?
    I ask because we need a new version of the modemmanager package. Or is it possible to build only the modemmanager package from master? I tried to use the ipk file from package out of openwrt 23.05 (https://downloads.openwrt.org/releases/packages-23.05/mipsel_24kc/packages/modemmanager_1.20.6-12_mipsel_24kc.ipk), but that seems not to work.

Another question :
    Is it possible to use o2lte tool to connect a quectel ep06 modem (its connected over usb like the ec25 on the omega2 lte).

Any ideas / help is much appreciated

• administrators

@DocHardinger said in OpenWrt 23.05:

Will it be possible to use the onion openwrt image builder wrapper to build custom openwrt 23.05. firmware or even future releases?

Yes, definitely!
    Our intentions with the OnionIoT/openwrt-imagebuilder-wrapper are:

1. Make it easy and fast for customers to build their own custom firmware (custom meaning you can choose what packages are built into the firmware)
    2. Easily migrate to newer OpenWRT releases

We just haven't migrated to the latest openwrt release since nobody's asked about it yet! Please make an issue on github and we'll get on it.

If you want to do some testing in the meantime, you can try editing the openwrt-imagebuilder-wrapper's configuration in the profile file to change the source URL for the image builder to OpenWRT's latest release.

For the second question, I recommend making a new thread - having one topic per thread makes the threads more useful and searchable down the line.

• Ive already posted a question about the modem here: https://community.onion.io/topic/5023/modem-software

About testing: i tried to change the source to original openwrt 23.05. But then the onion packages are not found because its pointing to package repo which are not build yet.

Is it already possible to build the onion packages for 23.05 with openwrt-sdk-wrapper? Or do i need to wait until 23.05. is built by your side?

• administrators

@DocHardinger said in OpenWrt 23.05:

Is it already possible to build the onion packages for 23.05 with openwrt-sdk-wrapper? Or do i need to wait until 23.05. is built by your side?

By default, the PACKAGE_REPOS variable in the profile file defines the package repos to be included in the firmware.

You can try changing the PACKAGE_REPOS to:

• Remove all of the package repos except the onion_openwrt_packages repo
    • Change the URL for the onion_openwrt_packages to hard-code to openwrt-22.03

So you can use the existing 22.03 onion packages while we work on building packages for the 23.05 release

• @Lazar-Demin perfect i will try this

Looks like your connection to Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.