Just double-checking... when it connects to wifi it should dhcp for an address. I'm noticing on mine that it does pull an address, but ignores the DNS configuration instead opting for using itself as a DNS server and I have direct external DNS queries blocked at the router except for my DNS server.... have you checked /etc/resolv.conf to see if it's updating? If you manually edit it and point it to your DNS server does it start working?
@Chaz-Larson I initially had the same problem with Firefox and had to use Chrome too
However, once I had got my Omega going OK via Chrome, the latest Omega update (use oupgrade on the command line) the problem was fixed with Firefox - it works fine now.
My understanding is that the latest update also fixes the issue with Safari
@Maurice I think fitting just the INO tools in the Omega should be no problem. However, i'm sure it probably depends on quite a bit of stuff to work (compilers, toolchain, etc, which comes with the Arduino IDE), and these dependencies will probably not fit in the Omega. I think we definitely can use this tool on the Omega, we just need to complete the compilation process on the cloud.
Hi Rick, I apologize for the bad experience that's as a result of our oversight. As mentioned in my reply to another post you made, can you double check for me if you've turned the switch on the docks to the ON position? If the LED does not turn on even when the dock is on, then there's defective in the Omega itself, and we'll work with you to get it replaced.
@Lazar-Demin Also, why is uboot even aware of usb mounts during boot? I thought that generally, /etc/fstab was cleared out? Is it possible that we could fix this by making opkg a little better at running packages off of usb, and ignoring them when usb isn't present/mounted?
Did you follow the guide at: https://wiki.openwrt.org/doc/techref/opkg to effect installations to externally mounted drives. They seem to mention, specifically, that each startup script needs to:
Libraries installed along with those packages are also installed to the external filesystem. This causes the programm [sic] not to start during bootup.
You need to manually set the LD_LIBRARY_PATH in each 'external' startup script:
@Antonio-Ramos I've built in the necessary kernel modules to support Human Interface Devices (HID) over USB.
Run oupgrade -force to grab build 216 that has all of the required updates.
If anyone is interested, the modules added were:
Some instructions on using a HID with the Omega:
Once the device is plugged in, dmesg will show something along these lines:
[ 923.700000] usb 1-1.4: new low-speed USB device number 9 using ehci-platform
[ 923.830000] input: BTC USB Multimedia Keyboard as /devices/platform/ehci-platform/usb1/1-1/1-1.4/1-1.4:1.0/0003:046D:C313.0008/input/input4
[ 923.840000] hid-generic 0003:046D:C313.0008: input,hidraw1: USB HID v1.10 Keyboard [BTC USB Multimedia Keyboard] on usb-ehci-platform-1.4/input0
[ 923.920000] input: BTC USB Multimedia Keyboard as /devices/platform/ehci-platform/usb1/1-1/1-1.4/1-1.4:1.1/0003:046D:C313.0009/input/input5
[ 923.930000] hid-generic 0003:046D:C313.0009: input,hiddev0,hidraw2: USB HID v1.10 Device [BTC USB Multimedia Keyboard] on usb-ehci-platform-1.4/input1
You can then run lsusb to see more info on your device:
Bus 001 Device 002: ID 0835:8500
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002
Bus 001 Device 003: ID 0835:8501
Bus 001 Device 009: ID 046d:c313
Bus 001 Device 005: ID 0835:8500
Bus 001 Device 006: ID 0835:8502
My keyboard was mapped to device 9 (I'm using a powered USB hub), so the Device 009 ID matches the identifier for Logitech keyboards.
Take a look at /proc/bus/input/devices for more info on the keyboard you've plugged in: