We have upgraded the community system as part of the upgrade a password reset is required for all users before login in.

GPL Source Code

• @WereCatf built a docker container buildroot for the lede project at borromeotlhs/omega2 on dockerhub.

I, probably incorrectly, chose the AR71xx as the target, but didn't see any other option. I figured a MIPS arch guess would be best. Also included objdump, motion and some other video streaming packages as I'm interested in using omega2 with webcams. It all built slowly with 'make -j1', and the resultant images are in that docker image (I think). Started pushing last night, and when I woke up this morning, my stupid laptop was restarting for updates, so I'm not sure it even finished pushing correctly šŸ˜ž

I'll post the dockerfile on github soon. Wife is mad at me for spending so much time yesterday getting docker up and running on Windows. . .

• @Theodore-Borromeo said in GPL Source Code:

I, probably incorrectly, chose the AR71xx as the target, but didn't see any other option. I figured a MIPS arch guess would be best.

Why didn't you, you know, ask? There are things like e.g. endianness, which need to be correct -- you can't run big-endian binaries on a little-endian system! The correct profile is, in menuconfig, Mediatek Ralink MIPS -> MT7688 based boards -> Onion Omega2+, or manually, ramips omega2p.

• @WereCatf I was just testing the ability for building to see if my Linux environment would build something, and I wanted to start from the omega 1 that I knew should have worked.

I'll fix that in v2 for the specific omega2 šŸ˜‰

• @Theodore-Borromeo said in GPL Source Code:

I'll fix that in v2 for the specific omega2 šŸ˜‰

Okay, have fun with it and don't burn your build-machine down!

• Building v2 now, will have it ready to push once done, and will post to the LEDE toolchain thread as well. šŸ™‚

I'd love feedback once this is done as to what I could change about the docker image. Alternatively, folks can help @WereCatf out (not that he needs it) in making patches to his master branch, which is what I'm building off of. I had hoped that Onion,Inc. would build something like buildroot.org did to facilitate baking images to flash on your board once you got them. I think it'd aid greatly in this transparency discussion wrt GPL v2 and various other OSS licenses.

<3,
    TJ

• @administrators
    @Kit-Bishop
    @fossette

For those of you that can not run the command

' git show 5cd49bb067cadfeba6eb7f09982f76558101ad5d '

This will show the Onion Corporation :

By virtue of it's submission to OpenWrt has read and understands the terms of the GPL and those of OpenWrt.

Knowingly and willfully committed code and thus acknowledges the GPL as a valid license.

commit 5cd49bb067cadfeba6eb7f09982f76558101ad5d
    Author: John Crispin john@openwrt.org
    Date: Fri Jul 24 09:09:49 2015 +0000

ar71xx: add support for Onion Omega

This patch adds support for the Onion Omega.

https://onion.io/omega

Signed-off-by: L. D. Pinney <ldpinney@gmail.com>
    Acked-by: Boken Lin <bl@onion.io>
    Tested-by: Jacky Huang <huangfangcheng@163.com>

SVN-Revision: 46458

###CUT##
    Actual patch removed

committed code from :
    target/linux/ar71xx/files/arch/mips/ath79/mach-onion-omega.c

Onion Omega board support

Copyright (C) 2015 Boken Lin bl@onion.io

This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it
    under the terms of the GNU General Public License version 2 as published by the Free Software Foundation.

###CUT###

Please push the code...as required.

Thanks for your contribution to Open Source Software...

• @Lazar-Demin is trying to merge profiles for Omega2(+) to LEDE, but it seems they have not been listening to anything we've said here on the forums or taken a look at what we've done. Their DTS still contains the same issue with the reset-button that I mentioned several times already and that I've fixed in my DTS, for example.

• @WereCatf
    Yes ... I see we have a new branch.

It's very short of the complete source used.

However it is a start.

• Here is my Device Tree Source :

"WE" should be able to fix a few things now šŸ™‚

/dts-v1/;

#include "mt7628an.dtsi"

#include <dt-bindings/gpio/gpio.h>
    #include <dt-bindings/input/input.h>

/ {
    compatible = "onion,omega", "mediatek,mt7628an-soc";
    model = "Onion Omega2";
    chosen {

bootargs = "console=ttyS0,115200";
    };

gpio-leds {
    	compatible = "gpio-leds";

system {
    		label = "omega2:amber:system";
    		gpios = <&gpio1 12 GPIO_ACTIVE_LOW>;
    	};
    };

gpio-keys-polled {
    	compatible = "gpio-keys-polled";
    	#address-cells = <1>;
    	#size-cells = <0>;
    	poll-interval = <20>;

reset {
    		label = "reset";
    		gpios = <&gpio1 6 GPIO_ACTIVE_HIGH>;
    		linux,code = <KEY_RESTART>;
    	};
    };

};

&spi0 {
    status = "okay";

pinctrl-names = "default";
    pinctrl-0 = <&spi_pins>, <&spi_cs1_pins>;

m25p80@0 {
    	#address-cells = <1>;
    	#size-cells = <1>;
    	compatible = "jedec,spi-nor";
    	reg = <0>;
    	linux,modalias = "m25p80";
    	spi-max-frequency = <40000000>;
    	m25p,chunked-io = <31>;

partition@0 {
    		label = "u-boot";
    		reg = <0x0 0x30000>;
    		read-only;
    	};

partition@30000 {
    		label = "u-boot-env";
    		reg = <0x30000 0x10000>;
    	};

factory: partition@40000 {
    		label = "factory";
    		reg = <0x40000 0x10000>;
    		read-only;
    	};

partition@50000 {
    		label = "firmware";
    		reg = <0x50000 0x1fb0000>;
    	};
    };

spidev@1 {
    	#address-cells = <1>;
    	#size-cells = <1>;
    	compatible = "linux,spidev";
    	reg = <1>;
    	spi-max-frequency = <40000000>;
    };

};

&ethernet {
    mtd-mac-address = <&factory 0x28>;
    };

&gpio0 {
    status = "okay";
    };

&gpio1 {
    status = "okay";
    };

&gpio2 {
    status = "okay";
    };

&i2c {
    status = "okay";
    };

&pwm {
    status = "okay";
    };

&sdhci {
    status = "okay";
    mediatek,cd-high;
    };

&uart1 {
    status = "okay";
    };

&uart2 {
    status = "okay";
    };

&wmac {
    status = "okay";
    ralink,mtd-eeprom = <&factory 0x4>;
    };

&pinctrl {
    state_default: pinctrl0 {

gpio {
    		ralink,group = "gpio", "i2c", "jtag", "perst", "pwm1", "refclk", "spis", "wdt", "wled_an", "wled_kn";
    		ralink,function = "gpio";
    	};
    };

};

• Not sure why this website mangles code ...

But if anybody wants it...I can send it another way

• @Larry-Pinney said in GPL Source Code:

@WereCatf
    Yes ... I see we have a new branch.

It's very short of the complete source used.

However it is a start.

Yes, it's a start! Thanks @Lazar-Demin / greenbreakfast!

I hoped seeing the original Omega2 .dts would reveal why I can't get GPIO18/19 to work as GPIO in my LEDE build, while these work with standard Omega2 FW. However, no luck, the now posted .dts seems functionally identical to those figured out by @WereCatf and @Larry-Pinney (and my own).

From the voltage levels I see on these pins they are probably in Ethernet PHY mode, rather than GPIO, but I don't see why, and how to change that. omega2-ctrl does not seem to have an option for those pins.

Anyway, @onion please don't stop here! On my wishlist I see .config and the sources for omega2-ctrl in top positions šŸ˜‰

• @Larry-Pinney said in GPL Source Code:

Not sure why this website mangles code ...

This my help you:
    https://community.onion.io/topic/707/markdown-how-to-start-with-it

• I prettified my DTS-files up some and merged the reboot-fix by @Larry-Pinney , and now I am working on making a reasonably useable default-configuration that I can share soon.

• Why all the fuss? I just managed to build the omega2 firmware from https://github.com/lede-project/source.git

Checkout the onion-omega2 branch
    run:
    scripts/feeds update -a
    scripts/feeds install -a
    make menuconfig

select CPU MIPS, Soc MT7688, Board Omega2 (or 2+ if you like)
    run:
    make V=99

enjoy

• @Ghent-The-Slicer said in GPL Source Code:

Why all the fuss? I just managed to build the omega2 firmware from https://github.com/lede-project/source.git

Checkout the onion-omega2 branch

There is no such branch there. You may be referring to https://github.com/OnionIoT/source.git instead. Also, that branch appeared there less than two days ago, but this thread is quite a few days older than that already, so that's part of the "fuss." But sure, using your compiled image, try reboot... it won't work. Try the reset-button... it won't work.

• Hm. The reboot-fix seems to have exposed another bug: the Omega2 now reboots fine, but doesn't shut down anymore! I don't know which one is better: to be able to reboot, or to be able to shutdown šŸ˜•

• With a device such as the Omega2...

Is the halt/shutdown command "really" useful?

Nice ..tend to agree...
    But reboot seems to be used in practice much more often.

• @Larry-Pinney That's kind of what I'm leaning towards. If you were to build some sort of a remote-sensor or whatever out of the Omega2, you'd probably want to be able to push an updated firmware, in case you have a bug somewhere, and be able to reboot to the new firmware without having to go and pull the plug to get it to reboot. But eh, I don't know.

• Well...I think it's related to the bootloader....it always boots when powered on.

Nearest x86 equivalent could be "defined" in the BIOS....
    Sorry we have NO BIOS today.

• @WereCatf
    I flashed the compiled image via USB drive:
    copy the image to the usb drive and rename it to omega2.bin
    reboot the omega2, holding the button, select 2 from the terminal, wait forever

It seems to boot fine except it is missing a large number of stuff - the web server for example. So you boot into serial console and that's about it.

Looks like some sort of build configuration issue to add the missing stuff.

Re: 'shutdown'. The omega2 with original firmware was not able to shutdown - it just reboots. Same with the compiled FW from the LEDE code. I have Linkit Smart 7688 - which has the same issue - no 'halt' - only reboot.

Looks like your connection to Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.