We have upgraded the community system as part of the upgrade a password reset is required for all users before login in.

Does Omega support Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) ?

• Hi, I just bought an Onion Omega device to play/brainstorm and see if it can be useful to monitor networks, temperature alarms, etc. I got the Relay Expansion doc to play with it. However I am wondering is it is possible to install SNMP client within Linux to send SNMP traps to a centralized SNMP server. (once Relay Expansion signals received to be transported via SNMP). Can somebody here have played with it?? Any URL reference may be nice for further review.

Thanks in advance!

• Hi @Luis-Perez, you might find this link helpful: https://wiki.openwrt.org/doc/howto/snmp.server.

Cheers!

• Hi @Boken-Lin , Thanks a lot for the information, definitely it will help!

One question, I see on that article that SNMPD or MiniSNMP are mostly oriented to obtain performance data from the Onion Omega (which is good) to be polled from a centralized SNMP server (i.e. CACTI), however I did not see anything about how to trigger traps (push SNMP message) to be sent from the Onion Omega towards the centralized SNMP server (i.e NPM SolarWinds, IBM NetCool, etc.). For example, if a temperature alarm is triggered and detected by Onion Omega (inner script), can it uses SNMPD o MiniSNMPD to send an SNMP trap to the centralized server informing about the Temperature Alarm triggered ?

I'll keep reading to find it out, but if you already have a reference article would be great.

Best Regards,

Looks like your connection to Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.