We have upgraded the community system as part of the upgrade a password reset is required for all users before login in.

Compiling LEDE on Windows 10

• I have created a guide on how to compile the LEDE project used for the Omega2 on Windows 10 Pro thanks to a feature called WSL (Windows Subsystem for Linux)

• Outstanding!

Following your instructions worked first time. Is there was a way to mod you up or grant points? šŸ™‚

Just a follow-up question...

In the home directory of my WSL the 'source' directory is now ~5G in size. Can I delete all but the 'staging_dir' directories and still have a working dev environment?

Since the WSL is on the šŸ˜„ drive it's cramped the available storage somewhat..

Many thanks,

Chris.

• @Chris-H not specifically for Windows, but I'd say better use one of the "make clean" options provided by LEDE than deleting stuff manually: see here.

• @luz

Thanks for the suggestion, however šŸ˜‰ ...

"Make clean" made little/no difference to the size, so I tried "make dirclean" but this nuked most everything including the toolchain (!). It did reduce the size to ~450Mb though šŸ˜„

Oh well, I'll just have to live with it until I work out a better way...

• I am following your guide (which looks excellent, by the way), and get a compiler error.

Following your suggestion to try make -j1 V=s toolchain/install I see this error:

gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -DLOCALEDIR="/home/me/lede/source/staging_dir/host/share/locale" -I/home/me/lede/source/staging_dir/host/include -I/home/me/lede/source/staging_dir/host/usr/include -O2 -I/home/me/lede/source/staging_dir/host/include -I/home/me/lede/source/staging_dir/host/usr/include -MT stage1flex-misc.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/stage1flex-misc.Tpo -c -o stage1flex-misc.o test -f 'misc.c' || echo './'misc.c
    misc.c: In function 'allocate_array':
    misc.c:147:8: warning: implicit declaration of function 'reallocarray'; did you mean 'reallocate_array'? [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
    mem = reallocarray(NULL, (size_t) size, element_size);
    ^~~~~~~~~~~~
    reallocate_array
    misc.c:147:6: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast [-Wint-conversion]
    mem = reallocarray(NULL, (size_t) size, element_size);
    ^
    misc.c: In function 'reallocate_array':
    misc.c:664:12: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast [-Wint-conversion]
    new_array = reallocarray(array, (size_t) size, element_size);

I realize that it's your code, but wondered if you know of any workaround (or where I can report the problem on GitHub).

For instance, can I download the binaries from somewhere, rather than building from source?

Thanks in advance for any help

• SIgh! It doesn't even work on Linux šŸ˜ž

Following https://docs.onion.io/omega2-docs/cross-compiling.html I get an error - a different one. I think I have to use Raspberry Pi now šŸ˜ž even though teh Omega2 is a far better board

gcc -I. -I/home/me/source/staging_dir/host/include -I/home/me/source/staging_dir/host/usr/include -O2 -I/home/me/source/staging_dir/host/include -I/home/me/source/staging_dir/host/usr/include -MT freadahead.o -MD -MP -MF $depbase.Tpo -c -o freadahead.o freadahead.c &&
    mv -f $depbase.Tpo $depbase.Po
    freadahead.c: In function 'freadahead':
    freadahead.c:91:3: error: #error "Please port gnulib freadahead.c to your platform! Look at the definition of fflush, fread, ungetc on your system, then report this to bug-gnulib."
    #error "Please port gnulib freadahead.c to your platform! Look at the definition of fflush, fread, ungetc on your system, then report this to bug-gnulib."
    ^~~~~

Looks like your connection to Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.