We have upgraded the community system as part of the upgrade a password reset is required for all users before login in.

Omega2 PoE Ethernet Schematic

• Hi All,

for whatever reason, I struggled for some time to get my own ethernet interface working with the Omega 2/2+. I wanted to make my own specific breakout with 2.1mm power, USB and ethernet in a minimal footprint. First, I tried using an RJ45 connector with a sperate magnetics package but could not get any of them working. I had immediate success with a MagJack (RJ45 with built-in magnetics). After that project, I then wanted to build a PoE version and came up with the schematic below which again uses a MagJack with the addition of a PoE module.

One of my requirements for any project is that the parts are easily accessible and will be available again in the future so this eliminates eBay, Alibaba, etc. To that end, all of these parts are available in North America from Digikey, Mouser, Adafruit, and others.

PoE Module (https://www.adafruit.com/product/3848)
    SI-52008-F MagJack (Digikey)

I hope you find this helpful.

0_1574550369114_Omega2 PoE Mininal Schematic.png

• I didn't even think the Onions were powerable through PoE, very nice! Mind posting a photo of the wired device?

• Photo as requested. This is my demo board.

0_1575396383151_IMG_1105.png

• Do you mind sharing the design files? I want to modify it for the surface mount omega.
    Unfortunately the adafruit POE module is sourced complete from a chinese vendor, there are a few companies that whitelabel that same one. Currently out of stock at adafruit!

Looks like your connection to Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.