@Oziesin There are a few ways to achieve what you want, the Onion documentation provides details of how you can achieve this and the method you use will probably be determined by which dock you have.
Usually, the easiest way will be using a USB drive, but if you have an Ethernet dock then personally I prefer this method.
Here is the documentation that refers to these methods.
@bloudraak A few of us have produced cases for Omega2Pro and Dash, these are in STL format but you can of course convert these to STP format.
I think Pro, LTE and Dash are perhaps useful but docks are designed to be development tools so not sure why you'd need a case for these.
My Dash case is here:
I have taken two additional steps to try and confirm this. If I use a relay and switch the VDC to the USB port on and off it works fine. If I remove the VDC from the USB port by just taking the +wire off on the power supply it does not like that and reboots possibly because it is NOT taken away cleanly.
@mythbu thanks a lot for sharing this!
I remember my own long nights back in 2018, where @sza2-sza2 and me finally got i2s working (that forum thread you found and linked above ).
Sorry that I did not see your original question earlier, only the solution now - if I did, I might have been able to help a bit.
Anyway, glad to hear you got it working!
But what I don‘t understand: why did the i2s support disappear again after b177? As I‘m using only custom openwrt images, I lost track of details happening in the official onion releases. Since b177, i2s support was a ticked checkbox in my mind…
@JeffZhou Thanks a lot, for your response!
I think that the 2nd point (VCC current) was the root cause of my issues: I used an AWG30 wire for all VCC lines which was too thin to carry the current.
Regarding the UART <-> USB-Bridge the issue still persists, it requires a little fiddling: opening the serial connection after counting to three after plugging in. Then it worked booted in 100% correctly so far.
Thank you @JeffZhou and @crispyoz the schematic is good.
It turns out the symbol/footprint we used in the design was incorrect. With a micro SD adapter soldered to the pins a range of cards were successfully detected and mounted.
The carrier quality is good so for anyone wanting to use it, these links helped:
There is stock available here.
Digikey has some good document references for the carrier here.
SnapEDA has a great symbol and footprint for the carrier here.
Looks like your connection to Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.