We have upgraded the community system as part of the upgrade a password reset is required for all users before login in.

Dropbear, public key authorization and multiple users

• Currently, I can login using to my Omega2+ using an RSA key, but I can only do it as root.

I have now added an ordinary user to passwd, shadow and group. I've created an ordinary /home directory for the user, setup it in passwd, fixing permissions, etc. Can I use dropbear to also login as this user, or do I need to replace dropbear with an openssh-server to achieve this?

If I can use dropbear, where do I put the public key? For root, I have put it in /etc/dropbear/authorized_keys (and this works).

• It seems from the config file parameters that you can login as a user. Maybe the config file is bad? The dropbear doc is rare, but maybe this will help:
    https://wiki.openwrt.org/doc/uci/dropbear

• Just to close the loop in case anyone else finds this.

I found it worked using the standard location, ~/.ssh/authorized_keys.

I used puttygen (Windows) to create the key and pasted it in there.

There is a dropbearkey program that will let you create keys on the Omega2+ in case you want to ssh FROM the Omega2+ to, say GitHub/Gitlab...

Looks like your connection to Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.