Initial setup turns Omega2P into Omega2
I just received new Omega 2+ in the mail today. The box shows Omega 2+ and the metal can/EMI shield also has the engraving Omega 2+. When I went thru the initial web-based setup, its final stage upgraded the firmware to v0.1.7.
When I use the web to log into the new Omega2+, it showed Memory size of 64MB DRAM and 16 MB flash and in firmware upgrade menu, it showed model as Omega 2, I know something is wrong when during the initial setup, the board is "calling home".
I used the serial console to verify the initial UBOOT message indeed showed memory size is 128KB, which showed the board is indeed is a 2+.
I have to resort to using the manual firmware upgrade process thru serial console:
except that in "sysgrade firmware_file_name", I have to add the -F flag to bypass firmware check and force the upgrade. I.e., sysupgrade -F
sysupgrade -F omega2p-v0.1.8-b147.bin
It's a scary moment, I am glad I got my board back as the Omega 2+.
I hope admin watching this will fix it on the Onion repo end.
Of course, Omega 2 cannot use this method to upgrade itself into a 2+.
And the -F flag is dangerous thus YMMV.
Sorry a typo 128KB should have been 128MB.
Flash should be 32MB.
you sir are a genius!
i was having problems with my omega 2+ with latest firmware 0.1.10-b160
and the led using omega2 instead of omega2p folder
turns out it had flashed the omega2- firmware instead of omega2p- firmware!
i had to re-flash it tho using the USB method...