We have upgraded the community system as part of the upgrade a password reset is required for all users before login in.

[Project] Docker Omega2 SDK for Cross Compilation + CMake support

• @José-Luis-Cánovas Thanks José, I will give it a go tomorrow. I shouls have spotted that. (Embarrased grin)

• @José-Luis-Cánovas
    thank you for your work, the container runs perfect and you saved me a lot of time!

• @Philipp-Zeitschel you are welcome! ❤

• This post is deleted!

• @José-Luis-Cánovas Hi José. I have been doing other stuff and am just getting back into this.
    I'm still missing something. I think I have the right one running, checked by doing a docker ps that resulted in

628a8ef6b111 jlcs/omega2-docker-built "bash" 27 minutes ago Up 3 minutes omega2-sdk-app-built

Also /lede/staging_dir/target-mipsel_24kc_musl/include and /lib are both empty.

This is the result from the compiler:

mipsel-openwrt-linux-gcc   -Wall testSpi.c -loniondebug -lonionspi -o testspi.out
    /lede/staging_dir/toolchain-mipsel_24kc_gcc-5.4.0_musl/lib/gcc/mipsel-openwrt-linux-musl/5.4.0/../../../../mipsel-openwrt-linux-musl/bin/ld: cannot find -loniondebug
    /lede/staging_dir/toolchain-mipsel_24kc_gcc-5.4.0_musl/lib/gcc/mipsel-openwrt-linux-musl/5.4.0/../../../../mipsel-openwrt-linux-musl/bin/ld: cannot find -lonionspi
    collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status

Any advise?

Thank you.

• @Jo-Kritzinger yes, silly me, I saw the directories errors, but not that you wanted onion libraries.

[Run inside the docker container]
    You must add the onion feeds (work in progress for my docker image, in the meantime do it manually) to the file feeds.conf.default (check WereCatf's first_time_setup.sh), update the feed and add the onion packages:
    scripts/feeds update -a
    scripts/feeds install -a
    Then, from make menuconfig select the onion libraries (Onion -> Libraries/Utilities -> select as [M]odule).
    Don't worry about a worning with recursive dependencies.
    Run this chunk of code to avoid adding an SSH certificate to github only to clone some Onion packages:

(Read Edit 1)

# From https://github.com/WereCatf/source/blob/image/first_time_setup.sh
    SCRIPTDIR=`pwd`
    #Ugly fix for several packages
    #Onion-devs don't give a fuck
    onionNeedCommit=0
    find feeds/onion -iname "Makefile" | while read filename
    do
    githubUrl=$(grep "git@github.com" "$SCRIPTDIR/$filename")
    if [ $? -eq 0 ]
    then
        githubUrl=$(echo "$githubUrl"|sed 's/git@github.com:/https:\/\/github.com\//'|sed 's/\.git//'|cut -d '=' -f 2-)
        curl --output /dev/null --silent --head --fail "$githubUrl"
        if [ $? -eq 0 ]
        then
            echo "Patching $filename..."
            sed -i 's/git@github.com:/https:\/\/github.com\//' "$SCRIPTDIR/$filename"
            onionNeedCommit=1
        fi
    fi
    done

Then run make -j#, where # is your number of cores +1, to speed things up (check again the end of first_time_setup.sh).

Whenmake finishes, an ls staging_dir/target-mipsel_24kc_musl/usr/lib/ (note the penultimate /usr/ directory) shows:

omega@dee42fad6a75:/lede$ ls staging_dir/target-mipsel_24kc_musl/usr/lib/
    [...]    liboniondebug.so   [...]    libonioni2c.so  [...]    libonionspi.so  [...]

and many more onion and non-onion libraries.

And inside staging_dir/target-mipsel_24kc_musl/usr/include/:

omega@dee42fad6a75:/lede$ ls staging_dir/target-mipsel_24kc_musl/usr/include/                                         
    [...] onion-spi.h   [...]    onion-debug.h    [...]      onion-i2c.h      [...]

Edit 1: Install curl before running the script:

First, we need to login as root in the container to gain privileges to install new packages.
    With the docker container stopped, run:
    [Run in your host's terminal (mac, windows, linux)]

$   docker start omega2-sdk-app-built
    $   docker exec -ti --user root omega2-sdk-app-built bash

Now you are root user inside the container. Install the curl package.

#   apt update && apt install -y curl
    #   exit

Then, go back to the container as omega user with the usual:

$   docker attach omega2-sdk-app-built

Run the script above.

• @José-Luis-Cánovas Haha, no worries. When I have a block of time I'll sit down and give this a go. I'm assuming this is all run (esp the first chunk of code) from within docker, i.e. at the omega@xxxxxx prompt?

By the way, I really appreciate your help.

• @Jo-Kritzinger yes, everything inside the docker container except for the docker commands in Edit 1.
    The omega2 will have the headers and libraries already inside, and if not, use opkg update and opkg install <package> where package is your desired onion library. In the SDK, selecting with make menuconfig and building with make compiles the source code of these libraries, generating the necessary files for the linker (ld).

• @José-Luis-Cánovas So, the code from edit 1 just at a normal prompt on my Mac?

• @Jo-Kritzinger yup, except apt because you will be inside the container. I will edit so it is clearer.

• Trying to use this and wanted to install other base packages to the shell with apt-get and getting prompted for the user Omega password. I tried to review all the replies here and original post but didn't see it listed anywhere.

@José-Luis-Cánovas

• @Richard-Berg
    check 5 posts above, the Edit1, changing curl with your package.

@José-Luis-Cánovas said in [Project] Docker Omega2 SDK for Cross Compilation + CMake support:

Edit 1: Install curl before running the script:

First, we need to login as root in the container to gain privileges to install new packages.
    With the docker container stopped, run:

$   docker exec -ti --user root omega2-sdk-app-built bash

Now you are root user inside the container. Install the curl package.

#   apt update && apt install -y curl
    #   exit

Then, go back to the container as omega user with the usual:

$   docker attach omega2-sdk-app-built

Run the script above.

This is because omega user haven't got sudo permissions, and I prefer not to run anything inside docker with root permissions. Because the --user root option in docker is an easy and explicit way to use root, I don't plan to change this.

If you need to, create your own Dockerfile with FROM jlcs/omega2-docker-built at the start, and you will have ready to go image for your project.

Also, tell me what packages you need, because I plan to add many others.

• @José-Luis-Cánovas
    Doh! I figured you would have had something and sorry I missed it mate!

For me, who has some experience in Linux and other older *nix systems I tend to have my 'creature comforts' like always having apt-get updated and nano for an editor (not that vi/vim is bad; I just use nano easier, lol) and things like that. Please don't add anything like that because what you have is great. I just wanted to install nano this round and couldn't but with the above start then exec as root; I was able to update and install.

Also, I am working on another SBC named VoCore2 which also employs OpenWRT (not LeDe yet) and I was working with a similar environment but within VMWare. Docker might make that compilation easier as well so may take note of your Docker setup (which I've never really used) and make my own for the VoCore2 board!

Cheers 🙂

• @José-Luis-Cánovas

Thanks again for you work on the Omega2 dockerfile! It has given me some good examples to work from and pilfer a bit of your work on another board I'm working with; the VoCore2

Here is my new dockerfile, albeit in constant tweak/modification, for said work.

https://hub.docker.com/r/ictinike/vocore2-default/

Thanks again! 🙂
    ~Icky

• Reply to an old topic, but I thought I would share. This cmake definition works, but ignores the actual sysroot and causes workarounds needed to do linking. To fix this, you need to tell cmake to define SYSROOT with the following. I create a new variable CMAKE_FIND_TARGET_PATH and point it to the sysroot path in the lede build area. The compiler needs to be told that sysroot is not the compiler path, but the actual target filesystem area. This is an important distinction, and avoids having to use -rpath and other linker options.

SET(CMAKE_FIND_TARGET_PATH <path to>/staging_dir/target-mipsel_24kc_musl)
    SET (CMAKE_SYSROOT ${CMAKE_FIND_TARGET_PATH})

Finally, you need to tell the compiler where the sysroot include directories are

ADD_DEFINITIONS ("-isystem <path to>/staging_dir/target-mipsel_24kc_musl/usr/include")

Then, you can use the following logic in your local CMakeLists.txt to find Onion libraries.

add_library (onioni2c SHARED IMPORTED)
    set_target_properties(onioni2c PROPERTIES IMPORTED_LOCATION "${CMAKE_FIND_TARGET_PATH}/usr/lib/libonioni2c.so")

This will make it work with the compiler std paths (so std::cout will be found and work correctly), and it will allow you to find <onion-i2c.h> and the others correctly.

Hope this helps everyone.

Looks like your connection to Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.