We have upgraded the community system as part of the upgrade a password reset is required for all users before login in.

/sbin/uci: I/O error

• Hello,

I have an Onion Omega 2 running via the Arduino Dock 2. I am trying to setup wifi using the wifisetup command. After I select a network to connect to, I get the following error:

uci: I/O error

Restarting wifimanager for changes to take effect

root@omega-9f#8:-# /sbin/uci: I/O error

I would appreciate some help in figuring out this error.

Thanks!

• @Aman-Chawla I saw this a few times myself. In my case I had done something resulting in memory getting mounted as read only, of course without realizing that had indeed happened. Therefore the uci parameter change could not be saved. Is there a chance your system is currently read only?

--Bill

• @William-Scott Thanks for your reply. How would I check that my device is not read-only at the moment?

• See if you can touch a file in /etc/config. For example,

cd /etc/config
    touch tempfile
    ls -la

Is a file called tempfile there? If so, your file system isn't mounted read only as you just wrote to it. If there's a problem the "touch" command likely would have failed.

Bear in mind there may dozens of reasons for a uci I/O error, my problem was merely one.

--Bill

• @William-Scott Thanks Bill, it does seem that my system is read-only. For example, when I just login to the device, I get the message:

``Your JFFS2-partition seems full and overlayfs is mounted read-only. Please try to remove files from /overlay/upper/.... and reboot.''

Also, when I type in

cd /etc/config
    touch tempfile

I get the message: touch: tempfile: Read-only file system

• @Aman-Chawla Looks like you nailed it! Now figure out why the file system is filled up and you'll be good to go.

--Bill

Looks like your connection to Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.