We have upgraded the community system as part of the upgrade a password reset is required for all users before login in.

Question about LiPo batteries and charging.

• I just bought a 10,000mAh 3.7v LiPo battery. It is my first battery and I don't know much about them. But I have some questions / concerns.

1. When charging (and probably discharging) the board gets really hot. To the point where if you touch it, you can only hold your skin against it for a few moments.

2. If the board is plugged into micro-usb for power and I plug in or out the battery, the board restarts. And if the board is plugged into the battery and I unplug in the micro usb the board turns off. This is the opposite of what they show in the getting started guide.

3. While charging, I'm watching the output of power-dock2 as well as running this python script every 10s. But their output is way off from each other.

# power-dock2 -p
    Battery Voltage Level: 3.92v
    Battery Level Percent: 92%

# python 
    Writing 'Battery(V): 3.87 V' to display
    Writing 'Battery(%): 52%' to display

I also was running power-dock2 every 10s into a file and see some jumps in there as well which I don't understand:

Battery Voltage Level: 3.72 V
    Battery Level Percent: 88 %
    Battery Voltage Level: 3.73 V
    Battery Level Percent: 95 % <--- much higher
    Battery Voltage Level: 3.73 V

So I'm not sure if this battery is safe, or if all of this including the heat is normal, if the heat could damage the board, etc. If this isn't normal I'll return the battery.

Thank you.

• I'm going to take the battery to a friends house tomorrow that has a charger for rc cars and test it if anyone has any suggestions on troubleshooting.

Looks like your connection to Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.