We have upgraded the community system as part of the upgrade a password reset is required for all users before login in.

libgpiod support on the Onion Omega

• Hello,
    I was wondering if the Onion Omega Linux OS has libgpiod support and if someone has tested it already. I realize that sysfs gpio support already exists as does custom gpio libraries, but I was interested in playing around with the libgpiod implementation as well.

• After installing the latest firmware omega2p-v0.3.2-b223.bin and enabling the 'packages' repo, I was able to download libgpiod and gpiod-util. I have yet to test building gpio apps with libgpiod, but the basic libgpiod bash commands such as gpioinfo, gpiodetect, gpioset and gpioget all work on gpio pins 15,16 & 17 (attached to the RGB LED on the expansion dock). I will be experimenting further with this in the coming days.

• @Hussam-Al-Hertani The 18.06 based OpenWrt '/18.06-SNAPSHOT/packages/mipsel_24kc/packages' repo contains the gpiod-tools and libgpiod packages quite a long time ago.

So each OpenWrt 18.06 based Omega2 firmware from v0.3.2 b217 supports them too.

# Omega2+ FW v0.3.2 b217 ... b223

root@Omega-5BE1:/# opkg info gpiod-tools
    Package: gpiod-tools
    Version: 1.0.1-1
    Depends: libc, libgpiod
    Section: utils
    Architecture: mipsel_24kc
    Size: 11963
    Filename: gpiod-tools_1.0.1-1_mipsel_24kc.ipk
    Description: Tools for interacting with the linux GPIO character device
     (gpiod stands for GPIO device).

root@Omega-5BE1:/# opkg info libgpiod
    Package: libgpiod
    Version: 1.0.1-1
    Depends: libc
    Section: libs
    Architecture: mipsel_24kc
    Size: 8004
    Filename: libgpiod_1.0.1-1_mipsel_24kc.ipk
    Description: C library for interacting with the linux GPIO character device
     (gpiod stands for GPIO device).

root@Omega-5BE1:/# opkg install gpiod-tools
    Installing gpiod-tools (1.0.1-1) to root...
    Downloading http://downloads.openwrt.org/releases/18.06-SNAPSHOT/packages/mipsel_24kc/packages/gpiod-tools_1.0.1-1_mipsel_24kc.ipk
    Installing libgpiod (1.0.1-1) to root...
    Downloading http://downloads.openwrt.org/releases/18.06-SNAPSHOT/packages/mipsel_24kc/packages/libgpiod_1.0.1-1_mipsel_24kc.ipk
    Configuring libgpiod.
    Configuring gpiod-tools.

Looks like your connection to Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.