We have upgraded the community system as part of the upgrade a password reset is required for all users before login in.

Is Omega2+ able to comunicate to OBD2/CANBus?

• Hi all, currently I'm novice in all stuff for Omega2+
    I'd like to know if Omega2+ can read/write data to OBD2 via bluetooth (eg.: Vgate iCar, ELM327, etc), any specific data cable (eg.: MPPS V13.02) or "direct GPIO-to-OBD2" pins comm.
    I noted a link that could maybe be usefull for programming (https://github.com/ejvaughan/obdii and https://github.com/evandentremont/ELM327).
    Some resources that could be nice trying to develop are: Data Logger (Telemetry), Alerts for Error Codes (DTC) and failures, and maybe moduling data in transit.
    Show compiled data as a dashboard in a web page is not too hard, the main difficulties are about the comms and conections.
    Thanks in advance.

• The Omega2 doesn't have bluetooth support built in. If you'd like to talk CANbus you could add a USB to CAN dongle. If you'd like to talk bluetooth do you know of those dongles do bluetooth or ble?

• Hello, sorry about the huge delay. The idea is to connect the Omega2+ to the CANbus via USB to OBD2 cable (eg.: Tactrix OP2, VagCanPro, etc) in order to use the standard socket (OBDII port) inside vehicles.
    I'm almost sure it can handle the comm (even an Arduino as a Speeduino can handle it).

• For a "just monitoring" device it could not have any trouble once the ECU do the great of the processing activities before transferring data to/from CAN. So, would be possible to translate DTC Codes to a more friendly languages, define some alerts (eg.: out of safe range of AFR, engine temp as too hot/cold, some other relevant pressures), even some additional resources like calculations to give hints like shift up/down.
    For a piggyback use, probably would need an "special order" dock by having some more modules, once would need a more real time processing, fast enough to convert data on-the-fly and do the ECU read this new data to make you need (like "aftermarket" turbocharged, supercharged or even with nitrous vehicles).
    For a standalone EMS, it's really a topic for more engineering capable people, once it demands an amount of modules and controllers. And, unfortunately is not my case considering time and health conditions.
    So my focus tends to be restricted to a "monitor" device only.

Looks like your connection to Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.