We have upgraded the community system as part of the upgrade a password reset is required for all users before login in.

cross compiling serial port failure (yes I know there are other answers)

• I'm trying to cross-compile serialport. I know there are other answers, but they did not work for me, and there are binaries, but I want to learn how to do it myself for other modules.

I have my environment set up, and can build and port a regular c program. However, I can't create an npm module. When I do, I end up with the error ....

root@Omega-B116:/mnt/mmcblk0p1/development/node/source/tmp# node serial.js 
    /mnt/mmcblk0p1/development/node/node_modules/bindings/bindings.js:121
            throw e;
            ^

Error: Error loading shared library /mnt/mmcblk0p1/development/node/node_modules/@serialport/bindings/build/Release/bindings.node: Exec format error
        at Object.Module._extensions..node (module.js:681:18)
        at Module.load (module.js:565:32)
        at tryModuleLoad (module.js:505:12)
        at Function.Module._load (module.js:497:3)
        at Module.require (module.js:596:17)
        at require (internal/module.js:11:18)
        at bindings (/mnt/mmcblk0p1/development/node/node_modules/bindings/bindings.js:112:48)
        at Object.<anonymous> (/mnt/mmcblk0p1/development/node/node_modules/@serialport/bindings/lib/linux.js:2:36)
        at Module._compile (module.js:652:30)
        at Object.Module._extensions..js (module.js:663:10)

My command line is ...

npm --arch=mipsel_24kc install serial port

and it compiles just fine. Any help would be appreciated

• @davidsi forgot to mention, once everything was compiled I simply copied them to my sd card on my omega2

• Banned

@davidsi said in cross compiling serial port failure (yes I know there are other answers):

I'm trying to cross-compile serialport. I know there are other answers, but they did not work for me, and there are binaries, but I want to learn how to do it myself for other modules.

I have my environment set up, and can build and port a regular c program. However, I can't create an npm module. When I do, I end up with the error ....

root@Omega-B116:/mnt/mmcblk0p1/development/node/source/tmp# node serial.js 
    /mnt/mmcblk0p1/development/node/node_modules/bindings/bindings.js:121
            throw e;
            ^

Error: Error loading shared library /mnt/mmcblk0p1/development/node/node_modules/@serialport/bindings/build/Release/bindings.node: Exec format error
        at Object.Module._extensions..node (module.js:681:18)
        at Module.load (module.js:565:32)
        at tryModuleLoad (module.js:505:12)
        at Function.Module._load (module.js:497:3)
        at Module.require (module.js:596:17)
        at require (internal/module.js:11:18)
        at bindings (/mnt/mmcblk0p1/development/node/node_modules/bindings/bindings.js:112:48)
        at Object.<anonymous> (/mnt/mmcblk0p1/development/node/node_modules/@serialport/bindings/lib/linux.js:2:36)
        at Module._compile (module.js:652:30)
        at Object.Module._extensions..js (module.js:663:10)

My command line is ...

npm --arch=mipsel_24kc install serial port

and it compiles just fine. Any help would be appreciated

Awesome content

• @davidsi
    Hi,
    I'm also trying to cross-compile serialport ,but failed, did you cross-compile successfully?

Looks like your connection to Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.