We have upgraded the community system as part of the upgrade a password reset is required for all users before login in.

cross compiling serial port failure (yes I know there are other answers)

• I'm trying to cross-compile serialport. I know there are other answers, but they did not work for me, and there are binaries, but I want to learn how to do it myself for other modules.

I have my environment set up, and can build and port a regular c program. However, I can't create an npm module. When I do, I end up with the error ....

root@Omega-B116:/mnt/mmcblk0p1/development/node/source/tmp# node serial.js 
    /mnt/mmcblk0p1/development/node/node_modules/bindings/bindings.js:121
            throw e;
            ^

Error: Error loading shared library /mnt/mmcblk0p1/development/node/node_modules/@serialport/bindings/build/Release/bindings.node: Exec format error
        at Object.Module._extensions..node (module.js:681:18)
        at Module.load (module.js:565:32)
        at tryModuleLoad (module.js:505:12)
        at Function.Module._load (module.js:497:3)
        at Module.require (module.js:596:17)
        at require (internal/module.js:11:18)
        at bindings (/mnt/mmcblk0p1/development/node/node_modules/bindings/bindings.js:112:48)
        at Object.<anonymous> (/mnt/mmcblk0p1/development/node/node_modules/@serialport/bindings/lib/linux.js:2:36)
        at Module._compile (module.js:652:30)
        at Object.Module._extensions..js (module.js:663:10)

My command line is ...

npm --arch=mipsel_24kc install serial port

and it compiles just fine. Any help would be appreciated

• @davidsi forgot to mention, once everything was compiled I simply copied them to my sd card on my omega2

• Banned

@davidsi said in cross compiling serial port failure (yes I know there are other answers):

I'm trying to cross-compile serialport. I know there are other answers, but they did not work for me, and there are binaries, but I want to learn how to do it myself for other modules.

I have my environment set up, and can build and port a regular c program. However, I can't create an npm module. When I do, I end up with the error ....

root@Omega-B116:/mnt/mmcblk0p1/development/node/source/tmp# node serial.js 
    /mnt/mmcblk0p1/development/node/node_modules/bindings/bindings.js:121
            throw e;
            ^

Error: Error loading shared library /mnt/mmcblk0p1/development/node/node_modules/@serialport/bindings/build/Release/bindings.node: Exec format error
        at Object.Module._extensions..node (module.js:681:18)
        at Module.load (module.js:565:32)
        at tryModuleLoad (module.js:505:12)
        at Function.Module._load (module.js:497:3)
        at Module.require (module.js:596:17)
        at require (internal/module.js:11:18)
        at bindings (/mnt/mmcblk0p1/development/node/node_modules/bindings/bindings.js:112:48)
        at Object.<anonymous> (/mnt/mmcblk0p1/development/node/node_modules/@serialport/bindings/lib/linux.js:2:36)
        at Module._compile (module.js:652:30)
        at Object.Module._extensions..js (module.js:663:10)

My command line is ...

npm --arch=mipsel_24kc install serial port

and it compiles just fine. Any help would be appreciated

Awesome content

Looks like your connection to Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.