We have upgraded the community system as part of the upgrade a password reset is required for all users before login in.

Using USB Storage as Rootfs: /etc is readonly after new upgarde to 0.0.6 b275

• Just received my new Omegas and am very pleased. Now I am trying to enlarge the root file system so that I can start development, and decided to try using the

I am trying to implement a 32GB USB stick as a root /overlay, and my /etc file system is read-only, so I can't modify the /etc/config/fstab file appropriately to enable /overlay.

FYI, I earlier attempt to install Python in the 16MB root and of coarse ran out of space (what a dummy!) Now I don't know how to reclaim this space from the broken Python installation. I don't know if this is related to the read-only condition mentioned above.

Lastly, if I simply wanted to go back to the state of a factory new Open WRT installation and start again, how would I go about that? I ask because I have five new Omegas and intend to brick at least some of them šŸ™‚

• @Seth-Hall

Lastly, if I simply wanted to go back to the state of a factory new Open WRT installation and start again, how would I go about that? I ask because I have five new Omegas and intend to brick at least some of them šŸ™‚

Look at the Wiki entry on how to reset firmware with the ethernet expansion.

Good luck!

Looks like your connection to Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.