We have upgraded the community system as part of the upgrade a password reset is required for all users before login in.

How to use a german keyboard in onion consol terminal?

• I was trying to install the package python-light, but was unable to enter the hyphen on my keyboard (german),
    How can i switch the keyboard mapping in the console terminal?

• Just connect over ssh Terminal / Putty. Then you should have the keyboard layout from your computer. At least with my Linux Mint and the Terminal it behaves so.

• @Luciano S.
    Your proposal is working. But that was not my question.
    The keyboard mapping should also work in the console terminal application.

• ok, i guess you have to look for a solution in between openwrt and busybox. But i really don't have the answer. With my workaround I just tried to give you the possibility to go on with programming ... 😀
    But don't worry ... the tec gurus show up with a delay because of the time difference.

• The Onion busybox seems to lack the loadkmap utility to load another keymap. Could this be added? Could i build a customized busybox for Onion?

• Hi @Juergen-Wissing, If you follow the steps on this page: https://wiki.onion.io/Tutorials/Cross-Compile, you can setup your own cross compile environment to compile the Omega firmware. There, you can customize the sub-components of busybox that you want to be included in the firmware. Under what circumstance is the loadkmap utility used? If it's something commonly used, we'll consider adding it to the firmware by default.

Cheers!

• Sorry for the late replay. Was off for short vacation.

I will try your suggestion and come back with result later.

• Hello,
    I have just updated the firmware to 0.0.8 b297, rebooted twice as stated below.
    I have a french standard keyboard and I am experimenting various problems with the terminal inside the console web page: I can connect correctly to the application from Firefox but some keys on the keyboard are not responding correctly, as if they were "dead", while most are just doing their duty...
    It works correctly from a ssh terminal launched from my Ubuntu shell, not inside Firefox!

Also, there seem to be some css missing which shows various "raw" boxes from Firefox too. This applies to the Editor, Terminal, Login from Firefox.

All of this was working correctly from 0.0.5 firmware however.

root@Omega-17E8:~#oupgrade

Device Firmware Version: 0.0.8 b297
    Checking latest version online...
    Repo Firmware Version: 0.0.8 b297
    Comparing version numbers
    Device firmware is up to date!
    root@Omega-17E8:~# opkg update

Looks like your connection to Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.