Guidelines for Posting Issues [Please Read First]
Help us help you!
Follow this guide for some quick troubleshooting tips and guidelines for posting issues. Posts about issues that do not follow this format may be missed or take significantly longer to handle.
We also would like to thank our wonderful community for helping to answer other members' questions and issues. You guys rock! :D
Before You post...
- Take a look at our list of resolved issues here. The list is always growing!
- If posting in another user's thread, please be courteous and post only if you are offering input or you are in the same situation.
- Please make a new post if a previously resolved solution does not work for you. We do not monitor previously resolved threads, they're there to offer other users help!
- Have you followed our setup guide at https://docs.onion.io/omega2-docs/
- Are your boards firmly plugged in? See this example image.
- Have you checked different USB cables/ports/power supplies?
- Do you have the necessary drivers installed?
If you are posting about a hardware issue with one of our boards, please include the following information:
- A description of the issue
- Which product(s) you are using
- A description of your setup, including a detailed list of any non-Onion components
- eg. voltage regulators, I2C devices, etc.
- Photos of your setup:
- if using a Dock, show the Omega plugged into power with the switch in the "ON" position
- if not using a Dock, clearly show where your wires are connected to the Omega
It is the sole discretion of Team Onion to determine if a product is defective.
- Replacements are handled on a case-by-case basis.
- Replacements must be handled via a Help Desk ticket using the guidelines on this page. Please also include a link to your topic.
- For orders after May 9, 2016, there is an exchange/replacement window of 35 days after your shipment.
Is your firmware up to date?
oupgrade --check, if there's a new version run
Include a description of the issue and information such as:
- Product name (eg. Omega2, Omega2+) --> this is important!
- Firmware version (run
oupgrade --checkwhich will list the current version)
- Packages/software involved
- Sample code/commands and their behaviour
- Terminal output
- If using the Console, screenshots of the apps/issue you are experiencing
Enclose your code and output in a Markdown code block so it is easily readable using this guide.
If your issue has been resolved, please edit your topic and add "resolved" to the title and add the "resolved" tag (at the bottom of the edit window) so that other users may easily find the information in the future. Plus you're helping make the community better! :)
(Last updated: 2017-01-12)
Oh shoot! Does Onion have a community manager now!?! Congrats! Just like a real-life Hardware startup :P
We are now using a "resolved" tag and we've put a link to a list of resolved topics at the top. I've also added a note about posting issues in other people's threads: we will focus on the OP's issues first.
@Theodore-Borromeo: Like a real startup!
@Gabriel-Ongpauco Literally what I thought of when I say that. I constantly tell people "I'm gonna be a real boy" in the Shrek Pinocchio voice whenever they ask me what I'm planning on doing ;)