I have created a Virtual Machine running Ubuntu for those that struggle to create a VM and install the toolchain. There seems to be a lot of posts on how to do it, but I could not get one of them to work as described. Many users prefer to use Windows as operating system although the VM can be run on any platform. The VM a working compiler that can compile c code right away.
- To use the VM simply download the 7z VM https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnOrr5m4Xp9Ej7t5_e3zuX4gsMQ27Q
and use 7Zip to extract. (www.7-zip.org)
- Download Oracle VirtualBox 5.1 or better from https://www.virtualbox.org/ and install.
- Add the virtual machine and fire it up.
- Log in using the Onion account and onioneer as password.
- Read the Readme file located on the desktop.
- Sample Hello World program included.