I would like to set up a small system with the following components:
- moisture sensor(s)
- temperature sensor(s)
- relay switching of mains power up to 110V / 1200W
The power relay is what gives me the problem.
Any suggestions ?
The applications at my house are multiple:
- Control of attic fans. The off-the shelf controller on the attic fans just turn them on when the attic temperature is over 80 degrees F, but I want to not turn them on unless the attic is hotter than the outside. So I want a 10-foot cable to a sensor that can be under the eaves.
- My wife's palm propagation greenhouse.
- thermostat control of heating mats under the germination flats
- thermostat control of fans, again need to ensure that the outside is cooler than the greenhouse before turning it on
- warning when plants are getting dry
But a 60W power limit is too little. Is there a good, safe mains power relay that I can drive with a contact closure in the Onion's relay module?
I doubt that I am the only one with these needs.