Yes, I thought so as well. So I sent pictures to the helpdesk with explanation what I have tried. I got a response that looked like a macro answer and then nothing for over a week. I sent them couple more messages with additional pictures but nothing. I then found a thread in this forum of someone with a similar problem and a solution. In the picture below you can see two solder points on the underside of the SD-card slot that are bridged. After I scraped the solder away between the points, the board started to work.
The build quality is horrible on the Omega2. Hopefully Onion will fix it with the next batch.