We have upgraded the community system as part of the upgrade a password reset is required for all users before login in.

Omega2 / I2C / Support / Quality

• I am facing various problems with I2C.
    I can communicate with an OLED (send)
    Then I tried using an ADS1115 (4 analog inputs)
    I can not get correct readings
    Always returns 0xff
    I also tried to communicate with a NodeMCU without success.
    The i2cdetect command does not work, it always returns the same thing, no matter what is connected and not connected.

In addition to other problems with interruptions and other details in Omega2.
    To make a simple button, I have to do a loop that consumes a lot of processing.

Another detail is that I can not communicate with onion.io, since I made the freight payment spent more than two months to get a response on the screening.
    Imagine support, if I send a message only next year I'll have something.

This way it is impossible to have a confidence in the company in acquiring a large amount of Omega2S.
    I am in tests to be able to homologate the product to be able to make a purchase of at least 1000 omega.

I have a deadline to build the product if I do not lose the investment and I can not get a simple answer.

Even an email requesting a estimate of 1000 omega2s was not answered.

• hi,

I've got similar result, Trying I2c between an omega and an arduino do not work with i2cget.
    I2cdetect do not work at all.
    I2cset seems to work.

As far as iknow, i2c is working with python or other language.

I2cget works with bitbanged I2c, i have followed this tutorials :

https://community.onion.io/topic/2312/i2c-detect-slave-method/2

I agree with you, there is many problem with this product, no answers, it seems to be too young !

• How they want us to rely on buying the Omega2S would be for OEM without serious support. Efforts will once again be made to resolve the problems.
    Without proper support, fixes of problems, it is impossible to trust and acquire more products.

• Sure, they also don't release software and patches as open source. How can we help fixing things that way? They also don't reply to any post or communication.
    I'm loosing the trust in onion, even if the products seem cool.

• See http://community.onion.io/topic/2042/openwrt-and-lede-agree-on-linux-for-routers-peace-plan/5 as @Lazar-Demin indicates open source is the current regime. You can find a link to the repository at that link.

--Bill

• From personal experience on my IoT project with the arduino dock 2 and I2C - leave A4 and A5 open circuit on the dock - weird yes but if you add any I/O to them the I2C stops dead in it's tracks. Once you get it working pay attention to the I2C buffer in the arduino - clear it often as it fills up quick and starts responding 0xff to any and every query.

Articles like this one helped me a lot: https://onion.io/2bt-digging-into-i2cget-and-i2cset/

Looks like your connection to Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.