We have upgraded the community system as part of the upgrade a password reset is required for all users before login in.

Nextion NX3224T024 - Generic 2.4'' TFT Intelligent LCD Touch Display

• hello there i was wondering if these is even possible i have a spare TFT LCD display from an old project and i was wondering if i can plug in some how into the Omega2+ with only the four wire connector on the side of the LCD. LCD is Nextion NX3224T024 - Generic 2.4'' TFT Intelligent LCD Touch Display
    plug only has 4 wire plug
    5+ red wire
    TX
    RX
    GND

was wondering if this is even possible ?

• @Edwin-Ascencio it should work out ok as it's a serial interface and the Omega has more than one UART to play with. The only issue I can see is that the Nextion screen is 5 volt power while the Omega is 3.3V - you will need a voltage level shifting circuit in between.

https://docs.onion.io/omega2-docs/uart1.html

• ok looks like my screen might be the problem. i did not explain it right the first time , it look like my LCD has some type of program already built in that no mater what i do thats what it displays all the time.
    on the back of the board it has some pads with GRD and 3.3 V and a jumper pad with JP2. might have to so something with my problem not sure. i have connected everything like the doc requested and nothing.
    By the way i have the expansion Dock and i do get 5V from there. here are a few pictures.0_1517945227599_IMG_20180206_130318.jpg 0_1517945279725_IMG_20180206_130228.jpg

• Have a look at the web page for the display:
    https://www.itead.cc/nextion-nx3224t024.html
    It's not a normal LCD, you need preload all the graphics into the SD card. It's a "smart" display needed very little in the way of computing power of the hardware driving it.

• Thanks Brent Bolen ,
    thats exactly what i thought but some how i was wondering in if it could be used as a regular screen that would be sweet.

• @Edwin-Ascencio It doesn't liook like have any level shifting circuitry on the serial tx/rx so the 3.3v from omega might not be high enough to drive the 5V uart on screen. You are also feeding back 5V into the omega via the rx pin so could possibly do some damage over time. A couple of transistors are all you need:

0_1518037705846_526842ae757b7f1b128b456f.png

• @Paul-Cousins said in Nextion NX3224T024 - Generic 2.4'' TFT Intelligent LCD Touch Display:

@Edwin-Ascencio It doesn't look like have any level shifting circuitry on the serial tx/rx so the 3.3v from omega might not be high enough to drive the 5V uart on screen. You are also feeding back 5V into the omega via the rx pin so could possibly do some damage over time.

OP's circuit is OK - level shifting is not needed between Omega2(+)'s serial port and Nextion NX3224T024 - Generic 2.4'' TFT Intelligent LCD Touch Display.
    See also NX3224T024_011 datasheet.

Looks like your connection to Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.