We have upgraded the community system as part of the upgrade a password reset is required for all users before login in.

PHP Issue - Fatal error: date(): Timezone database is corrupt - this should *never* happen!

• Howdy,

I have two Omega's with the same issue and I've googled my butt off and given up. Hence I'm looking for help or a nudge on where to report this as a bug.

Install PHP on the Omega (opkg install php5 php5-cli) and run this code in a file called "test.php":

<?php
    $timenow = date("Y-m-d-H-m-s");

eg "php-cli test.php" in the terminal.

And you'll receive back this message:

Warning: date(): Invalid date.timezone value 'UTC', we selected the timezone 'UTC' for now. in /www/php/test.php on line 2
    Fatal error: date(): Timezone database is corrupt - this should never happen! in /www/php/test.php on line 2

I've tried every setting I can think of date_default_timezone_set(), ini_set() to set the values & date.timezone and still the same results.

I've had to hack a quick function to read the date off the system time/date for now. But it's annoying I can't use the date() function at all šŸ˜ž

Any ideas!?

Matt

PS: running date on the command line returns:

root@Omega-AAAA:/www/php# date
    Wed Mar 16 15:42:21 GMT 2016

• Hi Matt,
    you have to install timezone package first:
    $ opkg install zoneinfo-europe

you can get the available list with
    $ opkg list|grep zoneinfo

Than you can set up the php timezone, I prefer to add "date.timezone = 'Europe/Rome'" in /etc/php.ini in the "Data" section.

I hope this will help you
    Manuel

• @Manuel-Baldassarri said:

Hi Matt,
    you have to install timezone package first:
    $ opkg install zoneinfo-europe

you can get the available list with
    $ opkg list|grep zoneinfo

Than you can set up the php timezone, I prefer to add "date.timezone = 'Europe/Rome'" in /etc/php.ini in the "Data" section.

I hope this will help you
    Manuel

echo date("d-M-Y");

29-Mar-2016

Amazeballs!

Thanks for that info Manuel, that resolved it! Thank you šŸ™‚

Matt

• Howdy Manuel,

https://github.com/moggiex/wiki/blob/patch-11/Tutorials/PHP-Date-Time-Functions.md

I've whipped together a quick tutorial on this as I could not find the answer to this anywhere on the interwebs at all & had given up.

Thanks again!

Matt

• Thanks! I just experienced this problem. I was about to post a new topic, but your solution saved me. I did opkg install zoneinfo-europe.

It was weird. My code was working fine, then suddenly stopped. I wonder if it was to do with the timezone change to BST here in the UK at the weekend?

Looks like your connection to Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.