We have upgraded the community system as part of the upgrade a password reset is required for all users before login in.

/dev/ttyX communication parameter reset

• Hi all,

Is there a simple command to reset the UARTs to its default communication parameters (something as easy as "wifisetup") ?

ps does not show any process running on /dev/tty*.
    Can I recover from a hung "console" (/dev/ttyS0) ?

Thanks..

• @tjoseph1 it depends on what your issue is I guess. I use stty sane to fix broken terminals, mainly because that's the method I have used for decades. You need to install coreutils-stty, then you can run the command:

stty -F /dev/ttyS0 115200 sane

Check out the docs for stty also stty --help is very good.

• @crispyoz :
    That worked.. Thank you.
    Never knew stty is provided as a separate pkg.
    stty reminds of V.32 bis days... My first Internet was dial-up.

• @tjoseph1 a lot of packages are available but not preinstalled due to the fact that on IoT devices you want to maximize available space, but seek and you shall find šŸ™‚

My first internet was 300baud, then I was shocked to experience the massive power of a 1200/75 modem. Really made my CGA CRT pop šŸ™‚

• crispyoz :
    300 baud and then 1200 baud..? So lucky..
    Read somewhere, it was the time Kevin Mitnick was doing his research .!

I was dialing into a terminal/access server situated in a data center with 256kbps backbone over G.703 copper. The days of redhat 5 (not RHEL)..

Looks like your connection to Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.