We have upgraded the community system as part of the upgrade a password reset is required for all users before login in.

Installing IOTA Hornet on Omega2+

• I would like to install IOTA Hornet on me Omega2+
    Has anyone done this before ?
    Can it be done ?
    If so any tips ?

• @BeekyB If you read their FAQ you'll notice they specify that a Raspberry Pi requires an external SSD and they recommend running on a more powerful device, so that would mean it is very unlikely to work on an Omega2.

• Banned

I miss a step by step guide how to install the HORNET node.

I am an architect / family-father and I aim a average Joe when it comes to computer in general. But I am a big fan of the project and would like to contribute. Now I've decided to try to running a Node...

I know there is plenty of video describing the individual steps out there. But I can't understand the sequences for the various steps. Like: First you do A.... and then B..... etc ..

Can someone lead me on my way.

• @Trystan This is a question best asked on a HORNET specific forum.

• @Trystan
    Steps:

1. Download/Install golang for the work-station's OS/platform (I use Debian buster-amd64; adjust installation steps accordingly)
      $ sudo -E apt-get install -t buster-backports golang
      $ go version
      go1.15.9 linux/amd64

2. go tool dist list
      linux/amd64 (Native; Debian-amd64)
      linux/mipsle (Omega2)

3. Create a "Hello World" Go Program, hello_world.go & compile
      package main
      import "fmt"
      func main() {
      fmt.Println("Hello, World!")
      }
      $ go build hello_world.go
      $ ./hello_world
      Hello, World!

4. Cross compile the same for Omega2 (linux/mipsle)
      $ GOOS=linux GOARCH=mipsle go build hello_world.go

5. Copy the exe to Omega2 and execute
      omega#./hello_world
      Hello, World!

6. Visit the download page https://github.com/gohornet/hornet/releases; the latest is HORNET-1.0.3;there is no binary dist for linux/mipsle.

7. Download the "Source code (zip)" to the work-station and unzip it; change directory to the unzipped source folder.

8. Try compiling it for the native platform & run it
      $ go build
      go: downloading github.com/iotaledger/hive.go v0.0.0-20210512134444-92ba84ee16f9
      <Compile finished>
      $./hornet --help
      Usage of ./hnet:
      HORNET 1.0.3
      Run './hnet tools' to list all available tools.
      <at least, the basic functionality is working; I didn't go through the documentation to compile hornet with all its features>

9. Now, try to compile for linux/mipsle
      $ GOOS=linux GOARCH=mipsle go build (you may want to run go clean -x or so in between the compiles)
      ../../../../go/pkg/mod/github.com/cockroachdb/pebble@v0.0.0-20210518170852-86efa0d0ce7b/internal/rawalloc/rawalloc.go:23:11: type [2147483647]byte larger than address space
      github.com/Shopify/sarama
      ../../../../go/pkg/mod/github.com/!shopify/sarama@v1.29.0/gssapi_kerberos.go:62:10: constant 4294967295 overflows int
      <Compile terminates wit error>

It might succeed by following the proper options as given in hornet documentation. If not, the error info would be useful when you seek help at HORNET specific forum as @crispyoz advised.
    Thanks.

• Banned

I miss a step by step guide how to install the HORNET node.

I am an architect / family-father and I aim a average Joe when it comes to computer in general. But I am a big fan of the project and would like to contribute. Now I've decided to try to running a Node...

I know there is plenty of video describing the individual steps out there. But I can't understand the sequences for the various steps. Like: First you do A.... and then B..... etc ..

Can someone lead me on my way.

Thanks in advance!

Looks like your connection to Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.