We have upgraded the community system as part of the upgrade a password reset is required for all users before login in.

Need info on how to plug omega into either dock

• Hi...just got my onion omega, dock, mini dock, OLED, ethernet.

The web site seems to lack instructions/photos on how they mate, and ... shockingly ... the connectors are not keyed, which means one has a 50/50 chance of plugging things in backwards.

Yeah, there's a slight hint ... and that's what it is, a hint ... in that the corner cutouts of the dock resembe the corner cutouts of the Omega ... but that's not quite solid enough for me to justify my risking burning things out šŸ™‚

The big dock has a picture, sort of, of an Omega which looks like a mating hint,
    but its orientation does NOT match the orientation of the word "Omega" on the omega board (another opportunity lost to guide the user šŸ™‚

Worse yet, the expansion things (OLED, ethernet) have a two rows of 15 pins (no key!), and the main board has one row of two sockets: 9 holes, gap,
    6 holes !
    Even if I assume the hint from the corner cutouts is correct, WHICH set of
    15 pins goes into the single set of holes? (Of the 30 pins, 15 are going to be dangling!)

BTW, the "get started" page has photos ... of some other dock board, since it doesn't match either of mine, and clearly is a different generation (indeed, the omega there is at a 90 degree angle difference from my boards).

thanks in advance!

Stan

• Hi @Stan-Sieler, your intuition is right! You just need to put the Omega on the Docks so that the cutouts of the dock are aligned. Just to be sure, we have attached a picture here:

omega-in-docks.jpg

• Don't want to be over critical since all the Omega guys are doing such a good job and have a lot of pressure to deliver, but I too initially had the same misgivings as @Stan-Sieler - which way round do these things plug in? šŸ™‚

While (probably) too late to do anything now, pretty well most (well at least a large portion) of devices that need to connect are keyed in some way so it is not possible to connect them the wrong way - perhaps a future lesson for hardware designers? šŸ™‚

• Thanks...I agree with both parts: that they've done a lot of work, but ... that one aspect could be improved šŸ™‚

• @Stan-Sieler Yup, we have been continuously integrating your comments and feedbacks into the way we design products and do fulfillment at Onion šŸ™‚ Thank you very much for your patience as you are dealing with us.

• there is also a picture with the Omega and antenna mark (but indeed not so clearly)

Looks like your connection to Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.