We have upgraded the community system as part of the upgrade a password reset is required for all users before login in.

Auto-start Shairport after Bootup [SOLVED]

• Hello everybody

I'm new to the Omega and openWRT, I tried the "Streaming Music with Airplay" project with great success but here is my problem:
    I want Shairport to auto-start when the Omega is powered on (= plugged in), so i don't need to SSH into the Omega to start Shairport every single time.

i looked at this tutorial but couldn't make it work for me, i don't understand how to write the script. (https://wiki.openwrt.org/doc/techref/initscripts)

I saw that there is a script to start it (S99shairport-sync), but i can't find the Omega on my Phone as an Airplay -Device.

Can anyone help me here? Thanks!

(please excuse my lack of knowledge and bad english, thanks)

• @Foaly what command do you issue via ssh to start the "music"?

adding the command to /etc/rc.local before the exit line is probably the easiest way to do it.
    ensure the command is executable with chmod +x programName

• Please excuse my late reply, i bricked my Omega in the meantime, but i got it working again.

I just typed "shairport-sync" in the console and it started.

Now i added "shairport-sync" like you said to /etc/rc.local just before the exit line and now shairport starts when the Omega finished booting.

Thank you Costas!

Looks like your connection to Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.