We have upgraded the community system as part of the upgrade a password reset is required for all users before login in.

Can't register device on cloud [resolved]

  • Same problem here šŸ˜ž I hope they resolve this quickly since it is useless not being able to control the Omega2 over the web using the cloud.
    I am thinking of waiting a couple of weeks before trying to start messing more with the Omega2, right now seems that everything is a mess, which shouldn't be as it was suppose to be a stable release. Hope the guys from Omega handle this quickly or people will get more disappointed and decide to go elsewhere.

  • @Lazar-Demin said in Can't register device on cloud:

    @David-Vo we haven't changed the device-client code, the libcurl version has changed, at first glance it would seem that the issue lies in the libcurl update

    we will dedicate some time to fixing this next week

    If the code was available for our perusal, it might have been fixed already a week ago...you know, just saying.

  • Great Markus Schuss after some try is then succeeded with the downgrade to
    omega2p-v0.1.5-b135.bin is the onion again online and the problem "fixed". Property the firmware version up to the latest "omega2p-v0.1.8-b145.bin" and only version the @Markus Schuss specified has worked with me.
    So I can continue to work with the Omega2 until then a newer firmware solves the problem.

  • same problem for me. Key spelled correctly.
    awaiting news on this, i dont want to play downgrade game, i'll wait till guys at Onion fix this.

  • @johan-ruijgt
    I also found "k'y" in my omega request
    How do you solved this problem?

  • I also am having the problem with my Omega2 showing offline on the cloud. When I checked the URL I found that it has a double quote (") prior to the back slash before listen. ie: ...2a2"/listen?...

    I removed the double quote and was ablt to connect fine with wget.

    Any ideas on how to solve this problem?

  • @Lazar-Demin A curiosity question - How does an update in libcurl change the format of the URL being requested?

    Like others, I was able to copy the URL being shown in the device-client output, fix the request itself (replacing the ' with the e in 'key'), and wget it to successfully get my Omega2+ to show up in cloud manager.

    However, even with the cloud icon blue (and a notification on the cloud site that my device was online), I wasn't able to actually do anything to/with it.

  • So, it is now next week, where is the fix? I have 2 devices that wont come online because of this.

  • @Nick-D I upgraded to firmware version 0.1.8 b146, and now the symptoms have changed. The host name has changed to ds.onion.iop which won't resolved in DNS. Additionally the URL has changed to. The double quote I was seeing is gone, but now the URL is appended with the word "info".

    If I do a wget on the URL changing the hostname to ds.onion.io and removing info at the end of the URL I can connect. I wish there was a way we could figure out where device-client is pulling its information from so we could correct it.

  • Are not all devices showing this problem?

  • I guess my biggest question is how does someone like me, with no experience in this, get this thing fixed so it can be useful? Both of my devices are exhibiting the exact same behavior. Will not register during the setup wizard, and when I go into the cloud, there is an "Offline" entry for both devices.

    Model Onion Omega2+
    Revision R1
    Firmware 0.1.7 (b139)

  • Upgraded to b147 tonight and now the URL has changed to the URL being ds.onion.iop for me as well.

    What config file is this information pulled from? If it's something we could change manually, then we can make it work for ourselves while the team fixes the underlying issue.

  • It has been 20 days and still no sign of fix, other news like it does work with wifi, internet, programming and playing with Arduino OTA (no, I mean using like OTA and not arduinoOTA).

  • Hi, i'm having this problem also. Has anyone found a workaround for this problem?

  • Upgraded my Omega2+ by 'omega2p-v0.1.8-b147.bin' and now a request of "device-client" looks like:

    When I corrected this request (deleting parts: 'p' and 'info') and sent him by browser, than I get from OnionCloud it: {"cmd":"init"}{"cmd":"heartbeat"}

  • Updated to v0.1.8-b148.bin. Issue still not resolved šŸ˜ž

  • Until Onion sort out their cloud problems you might want to consider hooking up your Omega to the Blynk cloud. See https://wiki.onion.io/Tutorials/blynk-library and http://www.blynk.cc/getting-started/

  • I think I found where the config info is kept. /etc/config/onion Unfortunately (or fortunately depending on how you want to look at it) the info in the file is correct. Which means that whatever is reading the data is distorting the results. I believe someone mentioned libcurl may be the culprit.

  • I think someone from Onion needs to look in this damn thread and give us a manual way to get the devices on the cloud. OR fix the problem. Been a week since the last message from them...

  • Good afternoon guys.
    I started using my omega2 yesterday and had a problem registering it in the cloud.
    I checked the post on the curl problem. Today I performed the firmware update and now when running the device-manager, the error that appears is from the url: ds.onion.iop/ not found

    My firmware.
    Codename: Ando
    Model: Onion Omega2+
    Revision: R1
    Firmware: 0.1.8 (b148)
    Latest Firmware: 0.1.7 (b139)

Log in to reply

Looks like your connection to Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.