We have upgraded the community system as part of the upgrade a password reset is required for all users before login in.

CP210x installation fails

• I installed the CP210x driver für SerialUSB on three different W10 computers w/o success.
    I get always the Code 10 error. Any idea how to fix this?

• You shouldn't have to install any drivers for CP210x on Windows 10 in the first place, Windows already has a driver for those chips.

• Good to know. But what can I do now?

• Try to connect with putty to com3 ... or check in system-settings if it got a other com port.
    There was a manual how to do but i could not find it anymore ...

Crazy all the links are made new for the omega2 what a overhead ... and also very stupid for the old customers who used the manual with success for the first series of omega....

P***ing off old and new user at once ...😑

• Hi guys,

We are in the process of website redesign, and I m really really sorry we haven't done this right.
    This new docs page should have what you need: https://docs.onion.io/omega2-docs/

• @Randolf-Gioro If this is a Windows driver issue, I'm not sure that this specific case is yet in the docs. Would you have a more specific docs link?

No Omega2 for me yet, so I can't test it. But from what I gather, the possible ways to connect to the Omega2 are:

1. Use Bonjour to reach the Omega2 web console (my preference is using the actual Omega2 IP address in a web browser)
    2. Use OpenSSH to connect to an Omega2's Linux command line prompt (again, using the Omega2 IP address)
    3. Use the Omega2's serial interface to connect to the Linux command line prompt

I believe Claus's issue is with OPTION#3 under Windows 10. The USB-to-serial chipset might not always be detected by Windows 10 for whatever the reason.

That being said, and for other Windows versions, these drivers may be of help:
    http://www.silabs.com/products/mcu/pages/usbtouartbridgevcpdrivers.aspx

PS: In my opinion, Windows 10 is experimental at this point in time, and should be avoided at all cost. Microsoft constantly change the Windows 10 components on a weekly basis (the fast ring releases). It will probably become a stable system when Microsoft turn it into a yearly subscription. There's no way I want anything to do with that, so I already switched to UNIX for all my Operating Systems.

• @fossette said in CP210x installation fails:

PS: In my opinion, Windows 10 is experimental at this point in time, and should be avoided at all cost. Microsoft constantly change the Windows 10 components on a weekly basis (the fast ring releases).

Don't go spreading FUD. Fast ring only applies to people who deliberately go and sign up for that. It is not on by default and there is zero reason to make it the default.

• @WereCatf said in CP210x installation fails:

Don't go spreading FUD.

Time will tell !!!

• @fossette There is nothing to tell. Fast ring is for people who want to live on the bleeding edge and who want to help Microsoft with developing Windows 10 further, it is not something that's aimed at the regular user. You always take a risk that something breaks when you're using bleeding-edge. Your argument is like using the unstable ~x86 packages instead of the stable ones in Gentoo and then saying Gentoo should be avoided because sometimes using ~x86 breaks things!

• @fossette I use SSH and this works. For the next time I forget the serial interface to W10.

Looks like your connection to Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.