We have upgraded the community system as part of the upgrade a password reset is required for all users before login in.

Disable AP and set static IP

• @drmoeder

logread | grep -i route | less

• Thu Feb 29 14:01:54 2024 user.notice route: Starting interface hotplug device: l
    o Action: ifup Interface: loopback
    Thu Feb 29 14:02:07 2024 user.notice route: Starting interface hotplug device: b
    r-wlan Action: ifup Interface: wlan
    Thu Feb 29 14:02:09 2024 user.notice route: Starting interface hotplug device: a
    pcli0 Action: ifup Interface: wwan
    Thu Feb 29 14:02:09 2024 user.notice route: IFUP apcli0
    Thu Feb 29 14:05:00 2024 user.notice route: Starting interface hotplug device:
    Action: ifdown Interface: loopback
    Thu Feb 29 14:05:01 2024 user.notice route: Starting interface hotplug device:
    Action: ifdown Interface: wlan
    Thu Feb 29 14:05:01 2024 user.notice route: Starting interface hotplug device:
    Action: ifdown Interface: wwan
    Thu Feb 29 14:05:08 2024 user.notice route: Starting interface hotplug device: l
    o Action: ifup Interface: loopback
    Thu Feb 29 14:05:09 2024 user.notice route: Starting interface hotplug device: a
    pcli0 Action: ifup Interface: wwan
    Thu Feb 29 14:05:09 2024 user.notice route: IFUP apcli0
    Thu Feb 29 14:05:10 2024 user.notice route: Starting interface hotplug device: b
    r-wlan Action: ifup Interface: wlan

• @drmoeder It seems that the routing configurations are not being read by the wifi system. I tried it on OpenWrt 22 and it works fine by placing routing entries in /etc/config/network. My guess is the issue is in the Warp driver but it;s closed source so it's just an assumption.

The hotplug script I provided earlier is adding the route, but it's getting cleared out after network finishes loading.

I found a workaround that works, but I'm not in love with it, it creates the required default route when you restart the device, but if you just restart the network the route is removed.

Here is my entry in /etc/config/network, set your own ip's:

config interface 'wwan'
    option ifname 'apcli0'
    option proto 'static'
    option ipaddr '192.168.1.85'
    option netmask '255.255.255.0'
    option gateway '192.168.1.1'
    option hostname 'Omega-1FE3'

Then you need to add 2 lines to /etc/rc.local:

sleep 15
    /sbin/ip route add default via 192.168.5.254 dev apcli0

Another options may be to use dhcp but set an IP reservation on your router (if you can),

• I appreciate all your help with this.
    I understand the implications of this workaround and I realized this workaround also after the one command worked.
    I can get by with this for now, but it would be nice to have a cleaner resolution to this

• @drmoeder I've done some more testing and have concluded the issue is in the Warp Core driver(s). The solution is to switch to the standard OpenWrt wifi system but I'm not sure if that is something you are interested in pursuing. You'd need to learn to use the standard OpenWrt wifi configuration tools which are not as nice as the Onion tools.

• @crispyoz Thanks for following up.
    I don't think I want to go down that road. I actually had started to do this originally before posting here following the instruction in this thread:
    https://forum.openwrt.org/t/cannot-ping-devices-in-the-same-local-network/131988/58
    It presented many new problems.

I'll keep with the work-around for now. I'm assuming there can be a trouble-ticket filed for getting the driver issue resolved in the mean time?

• @drmoeder I doubt this ill get fixed, the Warp Core stuff is closed source and the issues it was developed to address were resolved in the later releases of OpenWrt 18 and no longer are an issue in OpenWrt 19,20,21,22 and the current release 23.

• So are you saying the warp-core driver is end-of-life or no longer supported by the developer?
    And no plans to update it with the current OpenWRT release?

• @drmoeder I can't speak for Onion as I don't work for them. The reason Warp Core was developed was due to reliability and performance issues with the standard OpenWrt Mediatek driver and it has served its purpose well. As times passed some companies made significant investments into improving the Mediatek driver to the point that Warp Core is no longer needed. I think many of us have switched to the standard Mediatek driver for various reasons, one important reason for me is that I want to disable the AP but still use the STA, Warp Core can't do that, the Mediatek driver can.

I'm using OpenWrt 22 these days and the Mediatek driver.

• @crispyoz Thanks for clarifying and thanks for all your effort helping me find a solution especially as volunteer.

You Rock!

Looks like your connection to Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.