We have upgraded the community system as part of the upgrade a password reset is required for all users before login in.

[SOLVED] Omega can't connect to WiFi

• HI!
    I tried all abovementioned tricks on my Omega2+ but no luck. The thing that helped was disabling "Hidden SSID" option in my router. It is sometimes called "Broadcast SSID" too (but with opposite meaning). Looks like current setup does not work with 'hidden' SSIDs.

• @Sergey-Melekhin , i changed router and use hidden ssid to. No luck till now with omega1. So why should I expose my private network to the neighborhood just to play with IOT?!

• @Luciano-S. hidden ssid does not make my network a tiniest bit more secure than WPA2PSK AES does, so I got rid of it with no regret.

• I know.. it is just hidden when you browse the wifi network. The list just keeps shorter if you not expose to everyone. I believe some smart software can make it anyway visible.

• Hey Guys i had the same issue. What i did on my WiFi router i tweeked the settings and under network type in my router i chose "Open". But still maintained the wpa2 encryption key for my WiFi network. then saved and rebooted my router.

Upon setup of the omega 2 plus my wifi popped up and connected automatically and proceeded to register and download the update. if it says unable to connect refresh the page and start again it will already be configured and you can proceed.

Try it out and tell me if it works.

Thanks

• @Stephen-Mutinda said

Hey Guys i had the same issue. What i did on my WiFi router i tweeked the settings and under network type in my router i chose "Open". But still maintained the wpa2 encryption key for my WiFi network.

Careful! While you may not have removed the key that would be used if you ever switch it back to being a wpa2 network, it sure sounds as if you have presently removed the security from your network.

Best not to leave it that way.

• My Omega is also having this issue. Maybe it's the type of router? What router does everyone have? I have an ASUS RT68U, Great high end router thats why I am shocked at how many people cannot see their Home Networks. Me included.

I cannot keep using my Phone and Hot Spot to keep this thing connected lol. Solution please!!! Tried ALL of the above tricks and any other linux tricks I knew. Nothing works!!

• @Chris-Stratton My WiFi connection is still encrypted because i totally tested it for any loop holes in security and it works well. But thanks for the update.

• @Stephen-Mutinda said in [SOLVED] Omega can't connect to WiFi:

@Chris-Stratton My WiFi connection is still encrypted because i totally tested it for any loop holes in security and it works well. But thanks for the update.

You are mistaken. An "Open" network is not encrypted. Just because there's still a password in settings does not mean it is used - you can create arbitrary pointless keys, too.

Either you didn't set your network to Open, or it is not encrypted. In either case, your explanation is erroneous - the only question is, which is the error.

• I had also problemen with wireless on omega 2+
    I changed mij "etc/config/wireless" file to: (copy from other omega 2 thats working fine)

config wifi-device 'ra0'
    	option type 'ralink'
    	option mode '9'
    	option channel 'auto'
    	option txpower '100'
    	option ht '40'
    	option country 'US'
    	option disabled '0'

config wifi-iface
    	option device 'ra0'
    	option network 'wlan'
    	option mode 'ap'
    	option encryption 'psk2'
    	option ssid 'Onion-XXXX'
    	option key 'onioneer'
    	option ApCliEnable '1'
    	option ApCliSsid 'own-SSID'
            option ApCliEncrypType 'AES'
    	option ApCliPassWord 'own-KEY'
    	option ApCliAuthMode 'WPA2PSK'

config wifi-config
    	option encryption 'WPA2PSK'
    	option ssid 'own-SSID'
    	option key 'own-KEY'

and reconnect with "wifi"

-sometimes wifisetup makes a mash of this file.

Looks like your connection to Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.