We have upgraded the community system as part of the upgrade a password reset is required for all users before login in.

sdcard pivot overlay no longer working

• For a while, I could use the setup described here to get the sdcard on my omega2+ mounted as overlay instead of /dev/mtdblock6 (that was with b145). But the procedure no longer works (now on b150).

Frankly, I also don't understand the logic behind that procedure: How, exactly, is the file /etc/config/fstab even read? It belongs to the overlayfs which should not be mounted. There must be some script magic involved here, but without an understanding of where the pivot overlay is checked and mounted, I cannot debug it.

@administrators Could we have a description of how the overlayfs is checked and mounted at boot, and by what scripts?

Please help!

• @Mikael-Djurfeldt said in sdcard pivot overlay no longer working:

Frankly, I also don't understand the logic behind that procedure: How, exactly, is the file /etc/config/fstab even read? It belongs to the overlayfs which should not be mounted. There must be some script magic involved here, but without an understanding of where the pivot overlay is checked and mounted, I cannot debug it.

Did you do a factory reset or a firmware downgrade ? Then you loose your config "/etc " folder. I'm not sure if you loose it also with a normal update ?!

Going thru the tutoria againl would help ... so you create your new config in /etc again.

@administrators is there a backup routine where saves configuration before update?

• @Luciano-S. said in sdcard pivot overlay no longer working:

@administrators is there a backup routine where saves configuration before update?

Plus 1.

• @Luciano-S. said in sdcard pivot overlay no longer working:

@Mikael-Djurfeldt said in sdcard pivot overlay no longer working:

Did you do a factory reset or a firmware downgrade ? Then you loose your config "/etc " folder. I'm not sure if you loose it also with a normal update ?!

Going thru the tutoria againl would help ... so you create your new config in /etc again.

I both copied the internal flash overlay using tar and made sure there was a correct /etc/config/fstab before doing reboot.

I'm in the position that I cannot get the Omega2+ to do the alternative overlayfs mount. It just mounts the internal flash overlay.

• @Mikael-Djurfeldt

I'm in the same boat.

Annoying... it used to work

Looks like your connection to Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.