We have upgraded the community system as part of the upgrade a password reset is required for all users before login in.

Must-have packages

• Hi all,

This might be a dumb question as, of course, the needed software strongly depends on the project that is going to be carried out However, does someone have any suggestion about any packages? Of course, it can be explained with the project.

The idea behing this is to be able to build different light images for different projects, just with the needed.

Thank you!

• @Iker , i would say images as slim as possible. That the omega works with the hardware on it. The rest doing with small scripts.

For example if you want a samba server, a script who installs you the correct packages and goes thru a basic config with input it writes direct to the config files.

If you want to personalize, you can deactivate the questions, to set variables and reconfigure them to your own values before running the script.

Organizing all the scripts on a pen-drive would help to reconfigure a new updated firmware. For example if we use a pivot-root and have to reconfigure everything manually.

To comment the whole scripts would simplify to use them.

• There is a set I installed on mine (every time I wiped them) that I use all the time. But it really depends on what you want to do with it. I have a 1GB swap file on the SD card, and I have the OS copied and booting from the SD card as well. I connect via samba and ftp and mess with php, python and the oled and gps extensions.

block-mount
    ca-bundle
    e2fsprogs
    git
    git-http
    htop (from LEDE repository)
    i2c-exp-ubus
    i2c-tools
    kmod-fs-ext4
    kmod-usb-storage-extras
    mc
    nano
    ogps
    oled-exp
    omega2-ctrl
    php7
    php7-cgi
    php7-cli
    power-dock
    pwm-exp
    pyNeopixel
    pyOledExp
    pyOmegaArduinoDock
    pyOmegaExpansion
    pyOnionGpio
    pyOnionI2C
    pyOnionSpi
    pyRelayExp
    python3
    relay-exp
    swap-utils
    samba36-server (from LEDE repository)
    spi-tools
    vnstat
    vnstati
    vsftpd

Looks like your connection to Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.