We have upgraded the community system as part of the upgrade a password reset is required for all users before login in.

Arduino boards.txt edit doesn't work

• I followed step-by-step of this instruction, but it doesn't work when I change the boards.txt of Arduino program file.

Below is the part written in the set-up webpage
    https://wiki.onion.io/Tutorials/Arduino-Dock/Initial-Setup#computer-setup_arduino-ide_modification-of-boards-txt

When I first try to edit and save boards.txt, it told me I have no access to it. Then I copied and edited in a different folder, erased the original one, and moved the edited to the Arduino program files. Then, I added Onion library zip file. When I compile, it gives me the error saying, it sees the error in boards.txt, saying '?#' ~~blah blah ~~

I don't know what to do.. I erased Arduino and every set up stuff and trying to do it again. It's so painful to make this work..

**Modification of boards.txt

The regular Arduino Uno has no way of communicating with your computer via WiFi, but the Omega provides the Arduino Dock with a means of wireless communication, so we'll have to let the Arduino software know! This requires a one line addition to the boards.txt file in your Arduino IDE installation.

Open the boards.txt file in any text editor. The following table outlines where the boards.txt file can be found:

Operating System Location of boards.txt
    OS X /Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Java/hardware/arduino/avr/boards.txt
    Windows C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\arduino\avr\boards.txt
    Once it's open, add the following line:

uno.upload.via_ssh=true
    Doesn't matter where you add it, you can nestle it with the other uno. settings if you like.**

• @So-Sun-Park said in Arduino boards.txt edit doesn't work:

I followed step-by-step of this instruction, but it doesn't work when I change the boards.txt of Arduino program file.

Below is the part written in the set-up webpage
    https://wiki.onion.io/Tutorials/Arduino-Dock/Initial-Setup#computer-setup_arduino-ide_modification-of-boards-txt

Warning if you have an Omega2(+) with Arduino Dock 2:
    Arduino Dock Initial Setup tutorial is related to Omega (ie the previous version) and the first version of the Arduino Dock.
    Use it carefully!

Onion Omega2 Documentation Flashing the Arduino Dock says

We did all of our testing using Version 1.8.0

So I downloaded arduino-1.8.0-linux32.tar.xz and installed onto the /opt directory of my Ubuntu 16.10 (32-bit) box and followed the above docu.

/opt/arduino-1.8.0
    /opt/arduino-1.8.0/hardware/arduino/avr/boards.txt

• the message you got might have something to do with needing admin rights to edit. i edited on windows machine and had no issue but perhaps on linux you need to edit while root. i do not know it just when you mention "no access" to a file that can mean opening editor via "sudo" maybe?

Looks like your connection to Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.