We have upgraded the community system as part of the upgrade a password reset is required for all users before login in.

How to remove a partially installed package that was interrupted due to disk space

• I started to install a package using opkg but the installation failed due to not enough available space on file system.

Now I cannot remove it and reclaim the disk space occupied by the installation files. Where is opkg storing temporary files for installation?

My installation ended with:

Collected errors:                                                                                                                                                                                     
     * verify_pkg_installable: Only have 420kb available on filesystem /overlay, pkg libdb47 needs 440                                                                                                    
     * opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package python3.

If I try to remove i, it's not there:

root@Omega-4E95:~# opkg remove python3                                                                                                                                                                
    No packages removed.                                                                                                                                                                                  

df looks like this:

root@Omega-4E95:~# df                                                                                                                                                                                 
    Filesystem           1K-blocks      Used Available Use% Mounted on                                                                                                                                    
    /dev/root                 5632      5632         0 100% /rom                                                                                                                                          
    tmpfs                    30384       208     30176   1% /tmp                                                                                                                                          
    /dev/mtdblock6            9280      8852       428  95% /overlay                                                                                                                                      
    overlayfs:/overlay        9280      8852       428  95% /                                                                                                                                             
    tmpfs                      512         0       512   0% /dev 

• @Andreas-Lundgren

Have you tried the --force-remove option with opkg remove?

Looks like your connection to Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.