We have upgraded the community system as part of the upgrade a password reset is required for all users before login in.

No space left on device even though I should have increased the storage size

• I should have increased the storage size following the instructions in the docs and this is what I get with df -h

root@Omega-616B:~# df -h
    Filesystem                Size      Used Available Use% Mounted on
    /dev/root                 5.8M      5.8M         0 100% /rom
    tmpfs                    61.4M     25.2M     36.1M  41% /tmp
    /dev/mmcblk0p1            3.5G     63.2M      3.3G   2% /overlay
    overlayfs:/overlay        3.5G     63.2M      3.3G   2% /
    tmpfs                   512.0K         0    512.0K   0% /dev
    /dev/sda1                14.9G      2.0G     13.0G  13% /mnt/sda1

I've increased the storage with a 4 GB SD and added a 2 GB swap inside a 16GB USB.

However when I run pip3 install pandas I get:

root@Omega-616B:~# pip3 install pandas
    Collecting pandas
      Downloading https://files.pythonhosted.org/packages/27/85/f9e4f0e47a6f1410b1d737b74a1764868e9197e3197a2be843507b505636/pandas-0.23.1.tar.gz (13.1MB)
        100% |████████████████████████████████| 13.1MB 2.8kB/s 
    Exception:
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/pip/basecommand.py", line 214, in main
        status = self.run(options, args)
      File "/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/pip/commands/install.py", line 299, in run
        requirement_set.prepare_files(finder)
      File "/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/pip/req/req_set.py", line 370, in prepare_files
        ignore_dependencies=self.ignore_dependencies))
      File "/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/pip/req/req_set.py", line 587, in _prepare_file
        session=self.session, hashes=hashes)
      File "/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/pip/download.py", line 810, in unpack_url
        hashes=hashes
      File "/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/pip/download.py", line 653, in unpack_http_url
        unpack_file(from_path, location, content_type, link)
      File "/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/pip/utils/__init__.py", line 605, in unpack_file
        untar_file(filename, location)
      File "/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/pip/utils/__init__.py", line 578, in untar_file
        shutil.copyfileobj(fp, destfp)
      File "/usr/lib/python3.6/shutil.py", line 76, in copyfileobj
        fdst.write(buf)
    OSError: [Errno 28] No space left on device

I'd like to use the sd card for every file needed by the system to run stuff like python and its libraries for example, and on the usb I'd like to keep my files like a home folder. For the latter I thought I'd make a homedirectory inside the usb drive and add a symlink to the root directory but I'm not sure it's the right way to accomplish what I want.

• Can you try running with the pip3 command with -v for more verbosity? Maybe it's trying to uncompress it on in the /tmp folder and runs out of space?

Looks like your connection to Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.