We have upgraded the community system as part of the upgrade a password reset is required for all users before login in.

opkg local package installation

• I am having space problems in my omega2 +, when I send a package I can not change the default place of installation.
    trying to change the installation place I inserted the place in the command line, and did not work, this line "opkg install somepackage -d destination_name"
    I also changed the file /etc/opkg.conf which defauls is this way below, but to no avail.

dest root /
    dest ram /tmp
    lists_dir ext /var/opkg-lists
    option overlay_root /tmp
    option check_signature 1

need to change the installation location of the packages in order to install more packages

• Hello,
    from the output of opkg --help you can see this information:

-d <dest_name>
    Use <dest_name> as the the root directory for package installation, removal, upgrading. <dest_name> should be a defined dest name from the configuration file, (but can also be a directory name in a pinch).

So, I edited my /etc/opkg.conf adding a dest name called opkg_test for /tmp folder; My etc/opkg.conf now is:

dest root /
    dest ram /tmp
    dest opkg_test /tmp
    lists_dir ext /var/opkg-lists
    option overlay_root /overlay
    option check_signature 1

Then, I've copied a package (transmission-web_2.92+git-4_mipsel_24kc.ipk) in /tmp/ to make a test, and launched opkg this way:

opkg install -d opkg_test /tmp/transmission-web_2.92\+git-4_mipsel_24kc.ipk
    Installing transmission-web (2.92+git-4) to opkg_test...
    Configuring transmission-web.

and if you make a find of "transmission*" on /, you can see that it's installed under /tmp/:

root@Omega-D339:/# find / -name "transmission*"
    /tmp/transmission-web_2.92+git-4_mipsel_24kc.ipk
    /tmp/usr/share/transmission
    /tmp/usr/share/transmission/web/style/transmission
    /tmp/usr/share/transmission/web/javascript/transmission.js
    /tmp/usr/lib/opkg/info/transmission-web.list
    /tmp/usr/lib/opkg/info/transmission-web.prerm
    /tmp/usr/lib/opkg/info/transmission-web.postinst
    /tmp/usr/lib/opkg/info/transmission-web.control
    root@Omega-D339:/#

To remove the package, simply run: opkg remove -d opkg_test transmission-web (it prints an error because it's looking for a file in /usr/lib/opkg/info/... but the package is correclty removed)

Hope this helps,
    Paolo

Looks like your connection to Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.