We have upgraded the community system as part of the upgrade a password reset is required for all users before login in.

Omega2S - WiFi not working

• Well after initial wifi failure I updated firmware from http://repo.onion.io/omega2/images/

So it is O2 image. I don't know if there is any separate repository for O2S. If there is, please let me know.

EDIT: I found this on this forum: "Actually, Omega2S's firmware is the same as for the Omega2 and Omega2S+ has the same firmware as Omega2S+."

• @opti-gregor

I found this on this forum: "Actually, Omega2S's firmware is the same as for the Omega2 and Omega2S+ has the same firmware as Omega2S+."

Aah, ok.

• @opti-gregor Yes, there isn't separate firmware repository for Omega2S(+).
    I wanted to suggest a Factory Reset and / or a firmware reflash but you have already done it.
    Unfortunately I don't have any Omega2S(+) - so I guess.
    One of earlier versions of the Warp Core WiFi driver has some wifisetup problem if there are two "identical" Omega2(+) APs (Omega-ABCD, 192.168.3.1, 12345678 and Omega-WXYZ, 192.168.3.1, 12345678) on the same network. Maybe???
    I don't know the current situation.

About that U-Boot message:
    0_1545387532658_U-boot bad CRC warning.png
    This is not related to your WiFi issue.
    Does it bother you? It can be corrected quite easily.

• Well have updated firmware with this procedure: https://docs.onion.io/omega2-docs/manual-firmware-installation.html
    So I copied last version of FW to usb and then connect usb with O2S and copy FW to /tmp/ and then I ran sysupgrade<FIRMWARE FILE NAME>

I have also tried to install firmware by pressing Reset button and then selecting option 2, but I was unsucessfull, as once it showed

ERROR: CTL:TIMEOUT X
    BBB_reset
    usb_control_msg: request: 0xFF, requesttype: 0x21
    value 0x0 index 0x0 length 0x0

and other time it started to do an infinite loop with messages

------------[ cut here ]------------

• @opti-gregor OK. Presumably there is one (1) Omega2S on your WiFi network - only the problematic one.
    If I were you I would try on the Serial Console:

1. run these commands (ie. Factory Reset)
      firstboot -y
      reboot
      wifisetup

2. the wget http://repo.onion.io.s3.amazonaws.com/omega2/images/omega2-v0.2.2-b201.bin command does not work so I copy the b201 firmware into the /tmp directory somehow and check it
      This is its MD5 hash: c3d57622dd176bd27ae7f6719eea5f1a
      cd /tmp
      ls -l omega2-v0.2.2-b201.bin
      -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 7864492 Dec 3 23:57 omega2-v0.2.2-b201.bin
      md5sum omega2-v0.2.2-b201.bin
      c3d57622dd176bd27ae7f6719eea5f1a omega2-v0.2.2-b201.bin
      sysupgrade omega2-v0.2.2-b201.bin
      wifisetup

BTW
    Do you have a genuine Onion Omega2S Development Kit and try your devices one after another?

Or do you have some custom solution for each device?
    Q: Is there any short circuit at the ANT pin? 😉

Sorry I have no more idea.
    Good luck!

• I have tried firstboot -y procedure before but there was no difference. Only thing I didn't checked is md5 value. There are also other Omega2S running in the roorm, but I didn't managed even to put this fault one to connect to network and AP wasn't working anyway. Other omegas also have different host names and I have disabled AP on them so they are only connected to router.

Anyhow I have now somehow managed to unsolder Omega2S and put new one there. The new one is now working perfectly.

So to answer your questions, I use custom PCB where O2S had been soldered on, and as I have checked I haven't noticed any short.

• @opti-gregor said in Omega2S - WiFi not working:

There are also other Omega2S running in the room, but I didn't managed even to put this fault one to connect to network and AP wasn't working anyway.

Each WiFi AP should has different hostname SSID and different IP - for example:
    Omega-ABCD, 192.168.3.1 and Omega-WXYZ, 192.168.5.1

Other omegas also have different host names and I have disabled AP on them so they are only connected to router.

I'm afraid it is not possible with disabled AP on Omega2:
    no WiFi AP = no WiFi Station (Client) = no WiFi connection to the router (I think 😉

• @György-Farkas said in Omega2S - WiFi not working:

It is possible, because I'm already sucessfuly doing it and it keeps WifiClient on.

ifconfig ra0 down and ifconfig ra0 up to disable and enable AP.

I guess there was something wrong internaly in my Omega2S.

• @opti-gregor said in Omega2S - WiFi not working:

@György-Farkas said in Omega2S - WiFi not working:

It is possible, because I'm already sucessfuly doing it and it keeps WifiClient on.

ifconfig ra0 down and ifconfig ra0 up to disable and enable AP.

Good catch! Congratulation on your success! 🙂
    I reproduced / confirmed it also on an Omega2+ v0.2.2 b201 successfully.
    I think your hack puts Omega2's WiFi subsystem some kind of "in-between" "intermediate" state because this state - unfortunately - can not survive the usual /etc/init.d/network restart command.

The main thing is that it's working fine now ... but one should check the details. As you know - the Devil is in the details. 😉

Good luck!

• I now stumbled upon similar case, if not the same with another board. I was able to connect access point of Omega2S and open putty to run commands. After I have run command wifisetup and select option 1, link with omega broke, and I think it also rebooted. I'm not sure about all circumstances, as I didn't connect via serial port.

Then I made conection with O2S again and check ifconfig.

I noticed that there is suspecious eth0.1 interface. So I decided to run command ifconfig eth0.1 down to disable that interface.
    Then I tried to run wifisetup and this time it was succesful! I managed to finish instalation of all needed software and it works like a charm.

I can't check if it's the same with one that I had problems with, as it is not on it's board anymore, but for this one it worked.

Looks like your connection to Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.