We have upgraded the community system as part of the upgrade a password reset is required for all users before login in.

how to make full image of omega

• Hello,
    I am a beginner onion.
    I would like to develop in small series an application based onion-omega2. I would like to be able to make a complete image of the system to directly program other onion-omega.
    is this possible with the linux dd command?
    if you have examples. thank you in advance.

• @Jean-Marc-FAGES It's easier to TFTP function to load the image onto the device. The use of dd on NAND is not recommended.

For my devices I install a customised image using TFTP which includes a hotplug script that runs the first time wifi connects, downloads any updates software etc from my private repo. I've deployed maybe 200 devices using this method.

• @crispyoz Hello, thank you for your answer. It is possible. However, I have no experience with package repositories and bootloader changes after first wifi connection.
    Do you have any information, tutorials or information in this area?
    thanks for advances

• @Jean-Marc-FAGES no bootloader changes are required. This is how you do it.

Make your own version of the firmware which will include some customised files, specifically you create a hotplug script (google openwrt hotplug) it is well documented.

Here is one of mine that lives in /etc/hotplug.d/iface/40-setup:

WIFI_INTERFACE="wwan"

echo "Starting interace hotplug ${DEVICE} Action: ${ACTION} Interface: ${INTERFACE}" >> /tmp/cblog
    if [ "$ACTION" = "ifup" -a "$INTERFACE" = "wwan" ]; then
    echo "IFUP ${DEVICE}" >> /tmp/cblog
    rm -f /etc/hotplug.d/iface/40-setup
    echo "Run script for device: ${DEVICE}" >> /tmp/cblog
    echo "nameserver $(ip -o -4 a s apcli0 | awk '{ print $4 }' | cut -d/ -f1)" >> /etc/resolv.conf
    /etc/init.d/myservice enable
    /etc/myapp/setup.sh
    rm -f /etc/myapp/setup.sh
    fi

This script is run when the WWAN interface come up (connected to wifi) and among other things calls a setup script that pulls some files down from my setup repository, enables some services and configures some crontab stuff.

Hope that gives you some direction.

• @crispyoz hello, indeed, I start to be oriented, but the way will be long. I'll write all this. My project also involves a lot of other things to validate.
    I know now that it is possible.
    As I understand it, there is still for each Onion a configuration to do. The main interest is that there is a possible update after IOTs are deployed?
    I will dig your tracks, thank you again. Jean Marc

• @Jean-Marc-FAGES if you look at the "UCI" tool, you can see that it is easy to include configuration commands in your setup script.

Looks like your connection to Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.