We have upgraded the community system as part of the upgrade a password reset is required for all users before login in.

Omega 2S Ethernet Vnet Connection

• Good Day,

I would like to seek clarity on connecting an Ethernet port to the Omega 2S.

On the 2+ I have connected the center tap of the Ethernet transformer to pin Vnet on the onion 2/+ (labeled 3.3V OUT located next to FW_RST pin) as per the expansion dock schematic:
    96f60ab6-bf63-40df-91d1-116df4cd260e-image.png

The Onion 2S/+ does not have a 3.3V out pin. According to the refereance schematics for the 2S this center tap on the ethernet port seems to be floating or not connected. Is this the correct configuration? or should I tie it up to 3.3V rail?

Thanks.
    UFD

• @UFD The 3.3V --- Vout pin of Omega2(+) is a Not Connected pin - ie. there is no NET_POW.

You wrote:

The Onion 2S/+ does not have a 3.3V out pin. According to the refereance schematics for the 2S this center tap on the ethernet port seems to be floating or not connected. Is this the correct configuration?

Yes, the center tap of Ethernet magnetics is floating using any Omega2 THT and SMT device - but some capacitor is needed of course.

• @UFD has you seen the reference schemetic? I based my PCB off that design which also includes the ethernet circuit.

https://github.com/OnionIoT/Omega2/blob/master/Schematics/Omega2S-Reference-Schematic.pdf

• Thanks @György-Farkas and @crispyoz for the confirmation.

I have seen the 2S reference but just wanted to make sure before I spin out a PCB as there is a discrepancy with the 2/+.

Looks like your connection to Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.