We have upgraded the community system as part of the upgrade a password reset is required for all users before login in.

/etc folder erased on update

• Some time ago I read in one topic that the contents of the /etc folder did not get erased between firmware upgrades.
    I have just updated my Omega from 0.0.5 to 0.0.6 and I had a /etc/development folder with some scripts that has been erased!

There was nothing serious there, but I'd like to know what is the real expected behavior here.
    Should I backup everything before upgrade or is there really some place will my files can be left intact between upgrades?

• @Daniel-Sitnik This is not an official reply, but it is my understanding that there is some special treatment of the /etc directory during upgrade.
    It is also my understanding that there are currently some issues relating to preserving the contents of /etc over an upgrade that the Omega people are working on.

While I don't know why you have put your scripts in a /etc/development folder, I would suggest one of 2 things:

1. Make a back up as you suggest before doing the upgrade and restore the contents after

2. Unless you have an overriding reason for using the /etc/development folder, instead of using /etc/development put your scripts in the /root folder (or some sub-folder there of) and then add the following line at the end of your /etc/sysupgrade.conf file:

• /root/

This will cause your /root directory to be preserved over an upgrade

• Thanks @Kit-Bishop.
    I put it in /etc/development under the impression that it wouldn't be erased, which was not the case. šŸ˜

Fortunatelly it was only some simple nodejs scripts to test the Omega features.

Thanks for the tip about /etc/sysupgrade.conf, I'll try this one.

Looks like your connection to Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.