We have upgraded the community system as part of the upgrade a password reset is required for all users before login in.

static ethernet

• @tjoseph1 Because all this JS and Python encourages poor code structure. C and C++ in particular encourage structured code. Now watch the flame wars commence šŸ™‚

I'm not sure the survey in your link has much veracity given that it places ASM above Objective C, if that were the case I'd probably come out of semi-retirement.

• @crispyoz
    sir, i have connected ethernet cable directly from my PC to onion. for that, i have given static IP address in onion
    config interface 'wan'
    option ifname 'eth0'
    option proto 'static'
    option ipaddr '192.168.1.60'
    option netmask '255.255.255.0'

and meantime i am running PPP connection(GSM Modem) using chat comgt. the problem is when i have added python and shell scripts are in /rc.local files are not running in the background and same time reboot function also not working. what could be the issue.?

• <<
    the flame wars commence
    <<
    Like I said, that was my personal view.

IEEE gives different rating:
    https://spectrum.ieee.org/computing/software/the-top-programming-languages-2019 šŸ™‚

I am sure you might have noticed, mentioned by TOIBE:
    <<
    The ratings are based on the number of skilled engineers world-wide, courses and third party vendors. Popular search engines such as Google, Bing, Yahoo!, Wikipedia, Amazon, YouTube and Baidu are used to calculate the ratings. It is important to note that the TIOBE index is not about the best programming language or the language in which most lines of code have been written.
    <<
    End of the day, if ones loves the language and tools one uses, and the solution works as designed/expected..then all is well.

Thanks..

• @tjoseph1 I agree with you, I use the best tool for the job at hand and after 35+ years of writing software I've seen a lot of fads. Structure, structure, structure.

My comment re the survey is I'm a skeptic at heart, unless I know what the question was, I'll add a pinch of salt to the answer.

• @Nagarjuna-Reddy there are a few questions there.

"shell scripts are in /rc.local files are not running in the background"

rc.local is in /etc maybe you can post your rc.local so we can look at it, just ###### out anything you can't share.

To assist in debugging scripts that run in the background ..... or fail to run in the background .... I suggest you uses some logging. To revisit my test script, you can add some new lines for logging:

#!/bin/ash
    while :
    do
    echo "Looping" >> /tmp/loop.log
    sleep 3
    echo "After sleeping" >> /tmp/loop.log
    done

echo "I just bailed out" >> /tmp/loop.log

After a minute or so run cat /tmp/loop.log then you can see if the loop actually ran and how many times.

• @crispyoz :
    Thanks.. if its that, ASM happened to be on the top..because there were more searches on ASM, than ObjC..that would make you smile šŸ™‚ ?

• @tjoseph1 Could also be typos in searches šŸ™‚

• @crispyoz :
    Possible..but between ASM n ObjC? I for one have searched ASM..but never ObjC.. & I guess veterans like you, either do not, or if you do, it would be more on the ASM side šŸ™‚

• @tjoseph1 I don't search for ASM, but I might search for "why NeXT failed" and by implication, why we have objective c

• @crispyoz :
    Why warp failed is another mystery. Warp4 with the tabbed UI was much better/stable than w95. Why mips origin/octane/onyx failed after leading the innovation at ilm, pixar is another mystery..may be those were ahead of their right time.

• @tjoseph1 Don't start me on that topic. Why do you think Billy and his babe are donating toilets to the huddled masses? Guilt has a way of gnawing away at your soul.

• @crispyoz :
    This is my observation :
    Had he completed Harward, world wouldn't have had broken windows..

The MRE in sgi mips architecture was a break through(the entire hardware works like a pointer), supported by 80Gbps interconnect let the world watch general pupose processor generated animations, 30 yrs back. Though I am junior by all means, I too feel, innovations were sacked.

Looks like your connection to Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.