We have upgraded the community system as part of the upgrade a password reset is required for all users before login in.

U-Boot fresh build

• Hello everybody,

I'm pretty new to Onion Omega2, but I'm wondering if it could be possible to build and flash Omega2 board with a fresh U-Boot release taken from the U-Boot official repo.

I've a mips cross compiler and U-Boot official sources, make menuconfig already done and stucked at the point to provide a .dts configuration for the target board.

some idea?

Thanks a lot.
    Alex

• @multix85 dts files are in ~/source/target/linux/ramips/dts you can find the source to the Omega2(+) uboot in their github:

https://github.com/OnionIoT/omega2-bootloader

I wonder why you need to build a new uboot, are you sure you do?

• Hi @crispyoz, thanks for helping...

I'm trying to build a fresh original u-boot with I2C support enabled. So I need to rebuild official u-boot because I cannot find any evidence of I2C support in Onion bootloader Ralink BootLoader 4.3.0.3 (the same you linked).

I found Omega2p dts files in OpenWrt source code:

openwrt/target/linux/ramips/dts/OMEGA2.dts
    openwrt/target/linux/ramips/dts/OMEGA2.dtsi
    openwrt/target/linux/ramips/dts/OMEGA2P.dts

I think one possibility to build the official U-Boot firmware for Omega2p is to create a new board configuration using this two:

gardena-smart-gateway-mt7688_defconfig
    linkit-smart-7688_defconfig

Do you think I'm on the right track?

Thanks a lot
    Alex

Looks like your connection to Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.