We have upgraded the community system as part of the upgrade a password reset is required for all users before login in.

Question about connecting a Tau Lidar camera to an Omega2+

• Hello everyone!

I am currently trying to connect my Tau Lidar camera to the Omegle2+, I wasn't sure whether to ask this
    question under the Omega category or under the Tau camera category, but I decided to post it here, since I believe the issue has something to do with the Omega rather than the camera itself.

I currently have an Omega2+ powered by a 3.7V lipo battery, it is connected to my wifi network and there are no issues this far.

alt text

The issue comes once I try to connect my Tau Lidar camera to the onion, as soon as I plug it into the Omega2+, the Omega2+ turns off and it won't allow me to connect to it via my computer anymore.

alt text

My guess is that there isn't enough power coming to the Omega2+, but it also doesn't work if I have the Omega2+ powered by my computer using a USB-cable.

If I need to add seperate power to the camera, how would I do that as I see no input/output where I can connect a battery.

alt text

Or perhaps am I forgetting a component that I need before I can connect the Tau Lidar camera to the Omega?

Does anybody have an idea what I'm doing wrong and how I might be able to get it working?
    I am new to using an Omega, so feel free to criticize me if I am doing something wrong or if I have missed something.

Any help would be appreciated, so thanks in advance!

• @JackHulspas Have you tried connecting the Tau to your computer?

I would guess the current draw exceeds that available, you could possibly overcome this by using the powered USB hub but I'm not sure the Omega2+ is going to have enough grunt to process the Tau image data. As I don't have a Tau I can't test for you.

@Lazar-Demin is the expert on this.

• @crispyoz,

thanks for replying.

I have connected the Tau Lidar camera to my computer and it does work if it isn't connected to the Omega2+. I'll try to see if it works with a powered USB hub. I'll also wait on Lazar-Demin's response. Thanks in advance.

Looks like your connection to Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.