We have upgraded the community system as part of the upgrade a password reset is required for all users before login in.

How to move a file from Mac to Omega

• With help from folks here, I was able to get into my Omega.

Now I have a new problem. No doubt I am overlooking something obvious. I want to transfer a file with rsync. I use rsync on my Mac often to move things around the network between Macs.

I cannot do it, however, with the Omega. I just cannot see it from a terminal on the Mac.

My Mac and router are on a 10.0.x.x network.

The Omega IP is 192.168.3.1, of course.

I cannot get a ping response from Omega, nor can I connect with ssh.

What am I missing? What am I doing wrong. I want to move a simple Python program file from the Mac to the Omega.

• @Zonque The reason why you cannot ping or rsync to the Omega2 is that your Mac has no apparent route to the device. Your Mac is most likely routing everything through it's primary network connection on the 10.0.x.x network and that network has no route to the 192.168.x.x network.

The simplest method is to connect your Omega2 to the same network as your Mac, that way both devices are on the same subnet and the routing ceases to be an issue.

Alternatively you can add a route to yor Mac routing table. First find the name of the interface on Mac that is connected to the Omega2 wifi, use the ifconfig command to see the names, then from the command prompt of your Mac issue this command, replacing the interface name

route add -host 192.168.3.1 -interface <name of the interface>

Looks like your connection to Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.