We have upgraded the community system as part of the upgrade a password reset is required for all users before login in.

Omega with Test firmware - Tech support not responding

• It seems that a number of us received omegas with test firmware. And once this is determined it seems that tech support goes silent.

Can someone provide us with a way forward....

• Hi Avi,

I have just sent a reply to your ticket on the helpdesk and I have just created a replacement order for your Omega. I'm sorry I didn't get to you sooner, I had been working on resolving another set of customer issues. This is the first time we are seeing this kind of problem with the testing firmware, and we already have a rough idea about how to fix it. We will also follow up with our factory as they should not be shipping Omegas in this state.

It may take awhile, but we do address each and every ticket. Each one must be investigated and there are several scenarios that each require different processes. Currently I handle the majority of the shipping and defective item tickets myself, so I ask that our community be patient with us as our resources are quite limited at the moment.

Thank you,

Gabe

• @Gabriel-Ongpauco said:

This is the first time we are seeing this kind of problem with the testing firmware, and we already have a rough idea about how to fix it.

What is this idea? This also will help me, I have an omega with the same problem (testing firmware) And would love to make it work. I have already been sent a replacement but that will take 3 - 4 weeks to get here. So It could be useful to fix this. before the arrival.

• @chris-mccaslin:

The general process is as follows:

• set up a TFTP server on another computer connected to your LAN/wireless network
    • host an image of the proper Omega firmware on the computer from http://repo.onion.io/omega/images/
    • connect the Omega in question to your LAN with the Ethernet Expansion
    • point the Omega to the TFTP server via your computer's IP and the image file name to flash it

This is the rough idea of how it will go, and we are still working on the documentation for it. We will be looking into this more this week.

• @Gabriel-Ongpauco said:

@chris-mccaslin:

The general process is as follows:

• set up a TFTP server on another computer connected to your LAN/wireless network
    • host an image of the proper Omega firmware on the computer from http://repo.onion.io/omega/images/
    • connect the Omega in question to your LAN with the Ethernet Expansion
    • point the Omega to the TFTP server via your computer's IP and the image file name to flash it

This is the rough idea of how it will go, and we are still working on the documentation for it. We will be looking into this more this week.

well I got the tftp server set up with the image. having a hard time pointing the omega to the server ..

Looks like your connection to Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.