@crispyoz Thanks for your thoughts
Best posts made by Dennis German
Latest posts made by Dennis German
Dash cannot maintain wifi connection
I have received 2 Omega Dash and they both exhibit the same problems.
They are dynamically assigned IP addresses from a Verizon G100 router with a lease time of 17 minutes(1020 seconds) over wifi
from a network named "disabled" (really!) which uses Internet Systems Consortium DHCP Server 4.3.6.
Everything is OK for hours at a time.
connectity is lost for anywhere from a few minutes to an hour.
During this time the blue LED blinks.
I have not yet begun to develop my display applcation.
The only things I have running are cron jobs to display uptime, IP addresses from ifconfig to /dev/tty and
save the log to /mnt/mmcblk0p1/log
The log entries (315 lines ) are at https://Real-World-Systems.com/omega/wifi_dies.log
++Any suggestions to resolve or diagnose this problem would be appreciated.
RE: Ngrok for Omega2+ / Omega Pro ?
@Yvan-Gagnon If your Omega can be accessed via IP address (like a dynamic one assigned by your internet Service Provider) and you just want a static name you can try http://changeip.com/dns.php for their Dynamic DNS. Some routers support them and can notify them when your IP address changes.
RE: diff is missing
SOLVED! @György-Farkas Thank you VERY much.
The fifth(5th) line being:
##src/gz reboot_packages http://downloads.lede-project.org/releases/17.01-SNAPSHOT/packages/mipsel_24kc/packages
Why is that line in distfeeds commented out?
What about the next lines?
I have BusyBox v1.25.1 () even though I tried to get most recent packages. Should I replace 1.25.1 with 1.31.9?
What did I do wrong?
[solved]opkg fails after opkg update
After opkg update
But there are NOT onion directories under mipsel_24kc
RE: Bash script Onion start problem omega 2
In general, first thing I always recommend is changing
/usr/bin/radio.sh & > /dev/null
/usr/bin/radio.sh & > /var/log.radio.log
Why would you throw away whatever the author of a script was trying to tell you.
The technique to solve this and many problems in general is:
- copy the origin source to source.broken (or similar)
- remove a chunk of code, especially on of a group of similar segments.
- Try it.
- Save that version and go back to step 2 if it still fails.
I have found that having 2 windows open, one with vi chopping up the code and another executing the code allows you to undo the last delete +and examine it carefully.
Another thing that you can do, when if executes but not the way you want is the oldest(well second oldest after setting an address stop +from the front panel) add output statements like
echo "got to stage2" >> script.log
logger "stepping along count:$count:" #this goes to either the local syslog hopefully configured to save messages in /var/log or even +another system that can collect the messages if the target system cannot be accessed now (or later)
Get rid of most (not all ) of the if..fi . This won't fix the problem but will allow you to get a better view of what remains.