We have upgraded the community system as part of the upgrade a password reset is required for all users before login in.

Omega2 audio: I2S rocki vs usb audio?

• Hey gang - great job on your work. And big kudos as a fellow Canadian working in the field!

I'm building an interactivity kit for community radio stations and we are looking for a device to wirelessly transmit two way audio to and from a radio mixer over wifi. I use a google chromecast audio at home and its great but it doesn't have an audio in port (too bad) so I can't use it for this project.

My current thinking on options:

A) Usb Audio card with Omega2 (and expansion board), like the white one in your boombox project which has audio in/out.

Or

B) Rocki I2S audio expansion you are shipping.

What is the differences? Audio quality? speed? reliability?
    Any considerations around future support/avilability of I2S rocki?

Thanks for your thoughts?
    Also - can I order these now?

Thank you!

• It is hard to say - there is no much data on the Rocki thing.

That said USB sound card is a sure bet - you can get a really good quality one. Just check that it is supported by Linux.

Both use digital audio - no much difference there. The USB could be a bit higher latency. With the USB you can get more channels, the i2s is stereo only.

Looks like your connection to Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.